Chapter 7: Stupid College Students

A week later

I was being bullied, called names and beaten. I never told Scarlet or Mordecai, not like he'd care anyway. I'd been hiding the bruises and the marks and I would have no choice but to go over to hell again wearing a tight smile.

Today passed in a blur, for some reason it wasn't as hard to get through the day. Whatever it was that kept those bullies away from me, I was grateful. After school Scarlet took me to where she parked her motorcycle. Ever since she told me about it I had been dying to see it.

"Are you kidding me!" I blurted. The motor cycle had killer wheels and a beautiful crimson colored helmet to go with,"its awesome!"

She grinned at it proudly."yeah, I know. My old man gave it to me as my fifteenth-year-old birthday present. My parents freaked." she laughed reliving the memory as her eyes glinted with pride "they said I couldn't have a bike, that I was not strong enough, I'd hurt myself. Blah Blah Blah, well you know what? My old man snuck me out in the evenings telling my parents some weird stupid story that I myself won't even buy, it's so easy to fool parents."

"I wish my parents could have gotten me a bike." My fingers touched the surface of the bike, excitement coursing through my veins.

"Careful what you wish for." She winked, I didn't know then what she meant, and I didn't even care to know. "Can we ride it?" I asked, looking hopeful.

"It's after school time already. Your parents would be wondering where you are." She said.

"You know, for someone who breaks rules a lot and doesn't care what anyone says, you sure do act like a nice law abiding citizen." I teased, earning a punch right to my upper arm. "Ow!" I cried. "I'm staying with my brother, my parents are overseas. My brother doesn't even care if I'm living or not so don't worry about it."

She tilted her head to the side and sort of looked like a bent lollipop, but I didn't dare say that. "How are you going home?" she hopped on her bike, swinging her long legs over with ease.

"My Brother is picking me up." I said, not so cheerfully. I moved to climb the bike too but she held a finger up to stop me. "Your brother would be here soon, I don't want him to start thinking you've gone missing."

I stepped back and pouted. "He wouldn't even care if I went missing so why should I ? I want to ride with you."

She started the engine and the bike roared to life, black smoke sprouting from the exhaust. "Take care of yourself, Hannah." She said seriously. I was taken back. She zoomed off before I could think of something to say.

There I was, in the parking lot, watching the sun set gradually. It cast an orange glow on me and my surroundings, the beauty of the scenario left me dazed.

I could stare at the sunset forever.

By this time football practice must've almost ended, and the jocks would come out of the school looking all tired and sweaty. I wanted to be gone before they came. Thankfully, my brother drove in just in time. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hi. " I said.

He parked his Highlander jeep which was Red in color while I hopped on "Hey, How was school?"

"Fine. How was it for you?"

"You know the usual, reading, books... and stuff." he shrugged.

Reading? Books?...

"Wole Crest!" I laughed.

He grimaced,"I told you not to call me that!" Of course I'd never listen to you. I smiled cheekily.