Chapter 30: I'm Hungry ☑️

CHapTER 30! can you believe it? Thank you for being with me from the start and not giving up. Because I made you wait a whole week, this is an extra chapter for the whole of you.

"I can't believe this! " I yelled furiously. My locker had been Vandalized. The word whore had been painted graciously across the locker. I wringed my fingers, something I did when I was trying so hard to do something, or in this case not to do something.

"Don't worry, Hannah, when we find who did this they'll wish they were dead " Alexis spoke up.

"Have you had any trouble lately? " Inquired Jordan.

"No" I shook my head, "its only with Brittany" and Rachel.

Brittany. The third in command of the Demon sisters, the one who is surprisingly strong yet was always behaving like a brat.

"God " I continued with a groan, " this time around eh, I'm ready for those White hyena's. I'm not taking that their stupid behavior again oh, they should just take their time or else I will bring Iyelala for them. That Abigail or whatever she is called, God help Me the day I corner her, that her long hair you are seeing so, I will barb it. Her head will be shining"

"Easy there, tiger" Said Alexis, grinning.

"Why is this one smiling? " I mused, " I'm serious oh. I'm ready for that girl now. Since I had been quiet, she had been treating me like trash. And that Rachel girl. Father Lord, that one will be standing like ode and her mindless followers will be doing the dirty work. When I catch her eh, she will know that I am Hannah Carnelian Crest"

Jordan and Alexis chuckled. I wondered what they found so funny and I chuckled too, without a clue.

Here in America, it felt like I was reliving secondary school again back in Nigeria. Rachel reminded me so much of Saint Mary High's very own mean girl wannabe; Yasmina Adewole. Yasmina would forever remain in my memory. I tried to be nice but she always treated me like Trash. Dami then ended up insulting me for letting Yasmina walk over me. But I just couldn't bring myself to be mean. Now, it felt like history was repeating itself. I moved. To a different state, a different country. A different continent, yet it felt like bad luck still followed me anywhere I went.

I was trying, I was really trying to be strong. I was trying to show them that I wouldn't endure Rachel's bullshit anymore but that was a lie. On the inside I was scared. I didn't know what I was doing or saying. I wanted to seem tough so maybe, just maybe I would be left alone. But no, weak or strong, I was always targeted and their goal was to make me miserable. But I had a goal too. I would make it out of Empires and live to tell the story.

        The schools system was pretty fuxked up if you asked me. No black kid was seen within these walls, I had a taste of the wrath of a few students of this school but something in me told me that I hadn't seen anything yet. What was the history of this school? Was every single one of the students here racist? Has somebody committed suicide because of these people?
               Honestly, I wouldn't blame the victim. The students I would blame. And do you know what hurts the most? Its that when that child is finally dead, that's when they realize that they made a mistake. But no amount of crying can help bring back the dead person.

Soon it was closing time and I took a ride with the boys. My mind still wandered. So many unanswered questions. "Jordan?" I called. He hummed in response, his eyes focused on the road. I sat in the passengers side of the car while Alexis and Kenneth sat at the back.

      "What is the history of Empires?"

He bit his lip. His eyes never wavering from the road. "I don't know. All I know is that the school is fucked up" he ended with a chuckle.

"Then... " my brows creased in thought, "when did you Start attending the school?"

"Senior year" he muttered.

I hummed and drummed my hands on my lap. "Why?"

He removed his eyes from the road. A look came across his face but it quickly disappeared. "No particular reason"

"But... "

"I'm hungry!" Alexis hollered from the back seat. I threw him an annoyed look. He gave me a lazy smile in return.

"Pizza anyone?" He inquired.

Jordan had a thinking look, "let's go to my place. We can order there"

"Good thinking" Alexis said, rubbing his stomach.

Kenneth was yet to say anything, until...

"Stop the car" he said.

Oh God, what again?

"What's up bro? " Jordan parked the car and looked back. Kenneth gave him a flat look saying,

"I have somewhere to be"

"Now?" Jordan asked, checking his watch.

"Yes. Now"

"Why?" Alexis seem to not get Kenneth's warning signal. Even if he did, he chose to ignore it

Kenneth's jaw ticked, "I don't ask you guys questions when you need to be somewhere. Now unlock the door" he demanded.

Jordan sighed and did as he was told. He unlocked the door and Kenneth stepped out. "Stay safe!" Alexis waved. Kenneth gave him the meanest look he could muster and slid his hand into his hoodie jacket, then he walked off into the sunset.

Jordan then started the car, then zoomed off.

****

Ode : Fool/Idiot •

Iyelala : Juju priest •