Chapter 32:The last slice

Alexis froze, I blinked, she laughed.

"What are you saying?" I spat out.

Her green eyes shone with some sort of victory. People like her were devils in disguise and I couldn't possibly believe that Jordan and her were blood related. If that were the case and it was actually true then I felt sorry for Jordan.

"I'm saying, I have information. So you better watch what you say to me" she batted her short lashes at me.

"Which information?!" I demanded. She had no right. Non whatsoever. What ever was going on in our lives was our own concern. I didn't need a spoilt brat on my tail and add to my list of problems.

She squinted her eyes at me. Trying to read me, good luck to her because she'd die trying.

"You're bluffing." I stated.

Her arms fisted and she blushed. "I'm not! I do have information!"

"Yes," I smiled, sickly sweet. "But, you don't have information on me. You hardly even know me. I bet you don't know my name."

A storm was brewing. Deep in the depth of her eyes. "Bet I do!"

"Oya, what's my name? " I smiled cheekily. Meanwhile I prayed she developed pimples on her perfect snow-white featured face. "Ehen...?"

She bit her cheek, "daisy." I gave her a look. "No, um, Dorothy. I mean, Bailey!"

My name didn't even end the same way those were pronounced. "Bye, Becca" I sang as I yanked Alexis along with me.

Once outside, I took a side glance at Alexis who happened to look like he saw a ghost. A lot was happening lately and I couldn't tell what was on his mind.

He took a deep breath then his face eased into a blank expression. Thinking. He was thinking. Too scared to say anything, I stood with him in silence. I wasn't opening up to anybody here yet so I didn't expect them to either. But Alexis and I had an understanding. Well, at least I thought we did. The night we decided to talk to each other. To let one another in.

I glanced at him again. His brown hair was gelled back today, but some lazy strands fell over his left eye. His perfectly straight nose was a little bit pinkish, maybe from the cool evening and his lips looked chapped and dry. His brown eyes stared lazily into the Horizon as if he was thinking of his life.

I took a deep breath and shoved my hands in my pockets. Were we going to talk about what happened back there? Or were we going to keep standing in the tension.

I was dying for him to say something and not let us be awkward. But it seemed like even the jolliest of everybody had their quiet times.

"Alexis... "

He groaned, "look, I'm not ready. So please don't ask"

"I-I was going to ask how you were feeling." I mumbled.

"Oh"

We stared into the distance.

Again.

"I... I'm fine" he said.

Bullshit.

"Okayyy, and I'm the ginger bread man"

He gave me a look. "You are not fine, guy. You need to learn how to lie" I told him.

"Where are we going with this talk?"

"Depends. Where do you want it to go?"

Silence.