Chapter 5: Answering For Each Other

Inspiration:

As far as I know, most other authors have done some sort of a switch chapter at some point, I can't tell you how many I've read, which actually lead to me not wanting to write this chapter at first. Still, just like with many of my other stories, I found inspiration upon deciding to twit things around.

Overall Thoughts On Answering For Each Other:

Answering For Each Other is another story that I think is good, but not great. It has always felt a bit rushed to me, but what I do like about it was the twist. Most people would go with the obvious Roman and Virgil would switch, and Logan and Patton would switch, but I didn't want to do that. (This is another example of going out of your comfort zone) That being said this was the order I chose:

-Roman was Logan

-Logan was Virgil

-Virgil was Patton

-Patton was Roman

Oh boy was that hard for me to keep track of while writing this chapter...more than once I found myself writing for the wrong character(s). Either way, it was interesting trying to balance characteristics and still nail the answers they all gave.

What Was the Most Fun in Writing Answering For Each Other:

-The whole thought of having Virgil bounce around as Patton was just hilarious to me, and to be quite honest what the final thought which lead me to writing this story.

-Logan being the one to finally break, I chose him because, I think as Logic, he would have the hardest time envisioning someone he knew to be dark and gloomy, to be dressed in light blue and hopping around like a child.

-Coming up with ideas for how each of them would react and what they would say was intriguing, because I had to strike a balance of their general vocabulary, the vocabulary of the one they were pretending to be, how they act and how their counterpart acts...so that was interesting to say the leasr.

Writing Tips Based On Answering For Each Other:

- Don't be afraid to try something new or "out of the box"

· Of course you always want to try to be unique, but there are certain stereotypes or routines that you can fall into, and you should try to break those. If you go for the different take on the situation, your readers are more likely to be engaged in your story, and you'll find yourself to be more proud of it too.

-Don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone!

· I talked about this in a previous chapter, but going out of your comfort zone allows you to explore new ideas, ways to characterize, and different takes on a concept you thought you already knew. I know it sound cliché, but if you don't take any risks, you're not going to improve, so be willing to change things up from time to time.