Chapters 25 - 33: The Prophecy of Assignment

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! SPOILER ALERT OBVIOUSLY!!!

(This Explained chapter might be a bit out of order from my usual chapters due to the fact that there is SO MUCH to go over!)

Important Notes to Keep in Mind:

I want to say that the video Dealing with Intrusive Thoughts came out less than 12 hours after the posting of the final chapter of The Prophecy of Assignment...That being said, just pretend that Remus was one of the unnamed delegates who supported Deceit!

.

..

...

YES THAT'S HOW I'M GETTING AROUND THAT PLOT-HOLE!!!

Before I get into this Explained chapter, there are a few things you need to know.

I will refer to The Pain of Assignment (Rewritten) as 'the rewrite.'

I will refer to the original The Pain of Assignment / The Prophecy of Assignment stories by name.

If you haven't already, you need to read the following stories AND their Explained chapters. (Trust me, if you don't, you are going to be completely lost.)

The Pain of Assignment

The Pain of Assignment (Rewritten)

Sleep-Walking

I know that this last one is odd, but due to both the length of The Prophecy of Assignment and Sleep-Walking I will be making quite a number of comparisons between the two.

A Little Background:

I am well aware that this is the THIRD installment of the 'Pain of Assignment' series, but unlike the first two, this is obviously an Alternate Universe. Honestly, I've always wanted to write an AU story...but for some reason just never did. Wait, I know the reason...I GET WAY TOO OBSESSED WITH WORLD BUILDING!!! (This will be explained in the Unreleased Lore part of this chapter.)

Inspiration:

You guys should all know this by now...say it with me guys, gals, and non-binary pals... "WHAT HAPPENS TO TRAITS WHEN A HOST PASSES AWAY!"

Okay...okay, I'll talk about the inspiration for the Alternate Universe as opposed to the original. As a matter of fact, I have wanted to write this AU since The Pain of Assignment was posted back in October of 2017. (Ironically The Pain of Assignment was posted on Halloween...also 2017...I feel old.) Back to the point, I had actually started the initial drafts for The Prophecy of Assignment long before I even thought of making the rewrite.

Upon the posting of the rewrite, many of you asked questions about the different planes, consisting of but not limited to:

What is the Council of the Ethereal Planes and how does it work?

What kind of government did the four planes have?

Why wasn't Deceit in the rewrite? / Was Deceit killed or did he go to Elysium?

That being said, because The Prophecy of Assignment was already well underway by the time the rewrite was posted, I didn't answer any of your questions despite having 99.9% of the answers, because I didn't want to give anything away. I had actually thought about and considered the answers to many of those same questions long before they were asked of me, which is where the inspiration for The Prophecy of Assignment came from.

(I also specifically wondered how the four worlds would work if the Sanders Sides were in charge, and thus started my work on this story.)

Some of My Personal History (Pun Intended):