Chapter 7

"What do you mean he ran away?!" Mikasa growled dashing passed Levi while bumping her shoulder on the raven's.

Levi just rolled his eyes and focused on Hange. "I thought you saw him out."

"I did but I found myself frozen with his stare!" Hange squeals. "And his scent! Maybe this is what Arlert had been saying!"

With a groan, Levi stomp back to his room. Hange stared at the raven, sensing something off.

"Aren't you suppose to look after him?" Levi kept his lips sealed, quicken his pace. Hange squinted at him, matching at the raven pace and added. "Did Eren do or say something?"

Levi stopped on his tracks. Not sure what he should tell the scientist.

"Levi?" She tried again.

"What?" He snapped at her.

"Did he say something?"

Levi sighs, "He says that I'm not his Levi."

There was a pregnant pause, both of them not sure what to say or to do. A sudden commotion from the field made pulled their attention. Both looked over the window, seeing Mikasa had very angry Eren over her shoulder, a laughing Jean, and Armin was trying calm the raging Alpha.

"Well, there he is." Levi deadpan before continuing to his office. For some reasons, he doesn't want to be face to face with Eren.

"To be honest, I really don't think he's our Eren."

With that Levi stopped and looked back at Hange. Hange watched the scene below, noting Eren's every move. Noticing a bit of a difference, she can tell after hours and days spending time with the shifter. "He seems like a different person."

"Then who the fuck is he?!" Levi groan, he is getting irritated. Fucking brat added to his problems, not to mention, he got a lot of work waiting for him in his office.

"I don't know, I think the foreshadowing has something to do with it. I have to run some test and I think I got the right book." Hange exited.

Levi saw her go. Hange was dead serious and it was uncommon to see her like that it basically means that their current situation is much more serious in regular basis. Eren is not being himself and this can cause an alarm on the military police.

Why the brat have make it so difficult? Levi groans again.

****

"Hange get me out of here! This is ridiculous guys!" Eren hold the bars on his cage.

"Eren, this is where you sleep.." Armin supplies.

"Seriously?! In a cell?! Get me out now! Levi needs me!" Eren demands.

"Eren." Hange called out. She entered the dungeon with a serious face and book on her hand. She signalled both of his childhood friends to leave them for a while, Mikasa was hesitant but she complied.

Once they're alone, Hange lean at the wall, hands cross on her chest. She stared at Eren.

"Eren, you have to tell me everything that happened to you before you wake up from the medical room."

Eren let a heavy sigh. "I went to bed with Levi. Not that Levi but my mate, my wife."

"Okay, and then you woke up here?"

"Yes, actually I remembered I woke up in the field and there are monster, giant naked monsters chasing me. Then Levi, that Levi came to help. I thought he was my Levi so I hugged him but he seem to knock me out. Then, I woke up on the "medical room." Eren walk over to the bed and sat at edge. Hands both on his face. "I don't what's going on."

"I think I knew."

Eren perk up.

"But you have to tell me first about Levi. Your Levi." She emphasize, opening the old book that she was carrying.

****

Levi slump on his chair, thinking about what Eren said to him. He saw a different Eren. It was not his brat, Levi knew it. This one is mature, which scared the raven.

He shakes his head and look through the files. Even if he wants to help, he can't, he should starting work and let Hange handle it.

It was 3 in the afternoon when Levi felt the ground shake. He stand up, looking outside fearing a group of titans caused the ground to shake but he saw none. However, the ground kept shaking and he was grasping anything to keep himself up right. He was about to evacuate when he saw the soldiers on the field.

They're just standing there, like there is no earthquake. Eld and Gunther were laughing like it was nothing but a normal day in the HQ. Levi was stunned. Was he the only one experiencing the earthquake? He wasn't able to get confirmation when his a headache zap on his skull. Then all the sudden the floor began to turn or was it just on his head, Levi is not sure. His own feet buckle and he found himself falling. The last thing he remembered is the pain when he hit his head on the corner of his desk.

******

"Levi! Can you hear me?!"

Levi forced his eyes to open and the first thing he sees is Hange. Great. She was pushing an ice bag on his aching head, it was nice though, but her voice is getting on his nerves.

"Yeah," he spoke in a hoarse voice. He was shock to hear it as well.

"Good, I just came in and found you in the floor. You almost gave me a heart attack." The beta laughs.

Levi rolled his eyes, blinking several times he stared at Hange in disbelief. "I'm fine, but I'll visit Dr. Ral tomorrow just in case. By the way, what are you doing here? And what are you wearing?"

Hange froze.

Levi's eyes roam around his brows furrows in confusion. "Where the fuck am I?" He lay a hand on his stomach, out of habit. His eyes widen and his world stopped.

He ran his hand on his flat stomach. Where's the bulge his been carrying? Why does he only feel muscles and abs? Why does he had muscles?!

Levi slowly look down on his stomach. Tears streams down on his face when he saw the prof.

"Where's my baby?!" He screamed at Hange.