• Chapter 7 •

I don't live in darkness.
It lives in me.

-o-

"That evil gargoyle! We're not prepared for our OWL's, we're not learning how to defend ourselves. She's taking over the entire school!" Hermione exclaimed shrilly, pacing in the Gryffindor common room. Ron lay on the sofa watching his bushy haired friend vent, "Don't forget she most likely pushed Audrey to become a evil little-"
"Watch it mate." Harry slumped in a nearby armchair, noticing the rain storm raging outside, water streaming down the window panes. Lightning flashed outside, the all went up to the window staring intensely at the storm, "He's out there, and if Umbridge refuses to teach us to defend ourselves. We need to find someone who will."

High atop the Astronomy tower, giggling Audrey danced in the storm as if she was a puppet, the spritely witch added to the intensity of the storm. Her black and silver hair made wet by the constant rain beating on her skin and uniform, her eyes glowing like a roaring fire, her smirk unmissable and very unnatural. Casting a lightning spell, her head fell back as the masses of long hair fell to a wavy cut above her shoulders, the inky black of her locks melted away, fully silver. Eyes widened, she smirked.

That night, when it all changed. It changed for the better. Now she was more powerful, stronger, in control. Personally, she wouldn't say she was dangerous; just don't enrage her.

Thankfully, her intensified banshee foresight told her some dastardly events are heading Umbridge's way. Elated, she allowed her pain to continue, just to see the toad's face when it all falls down...

"Ullus affectus vindicta."

-o-

No longer in fear of the toad woman, Audrey's scars remained but knew ones could not carve her skin, as if she were made of stone. Her newfound wickedness caught the attention of many death eater children, excluding Nicholas, who would only ever eat at the Slytherin table.

She didn't feel like hiding who she was anymore. No anxiety. No more depression. No more cuts. Embracing who she was made her body return to it's full strength; the blush in her cheeks returned darker and sharper, her ice cold eyes like icicles. Even going as far as wearing makeup that Pansy provided, shocking her friends even more so, Draco seemed to be moving extremely close to the young succubus.

Harry couldn't take anymore, standing up from the Gryffindor table. "Mate" Ron hissed, "Think about this. You don't know what she'll-"
"It's too late for that now. Audrey!" The chosen one yelled, gaining her attention, her eyes glaring daggers. He barely recognised his cousin.
"Go back to your hero squad, Potter! She's with us now" Pansy sneered at Harry, to which he rolled his eyes impatiently, "Why are you being like this Drie? Clearly there's something wrong otherwise you wouldn't be acting out!" Rolling her eyes, she stood watch her cousins eyes like a lion stalking its prey, "After classes. Edge of the forbidden Forrest. Four sharp, be late or suffer the consequences..." she whispered, strutting away followed by Draco and Pansy.

-o-

Of one thing Harry was always certain: that Audrey was on his side. He trusted her with all his being, now, things have changed; he had to bring Ron and Hermione along, not only for safety in numbers, because Audrey was their friend also. They all deserved to know what was going on in that Huffelpuff's head.

True to her word, there she stood, looking disapprovingly at her watch. "Thirteen seconds late, sharper next time"
"Didn't realise we were counting to the second-"
"Well we are" she said sharply, "now what is it you want to hear?" The trio nodded at one another knowingly, Harry stepping forward on their signal; "You didn't have your powers bound, did you?" She bowed dramatically, "Guilty is charged"
"Then what-"
"Unlike most people at Hogwarts Harry, I've accepted the darkness in myself. I love every part of it, of me- don't look at me like that Mione. When I accepted it, all the pain stopped, I don't suffer anymore as long as I keep myself a little on the more..."
"Wicked side of things?"
"Yes. Exactly. I'm not an evil person per se, I'm not bound by good and bad. I'm just me"
"Well" Hermione spoke up, "we were looking to train Hogwarts students in Defence Against the Dark Arts. Will you help us?" Audrey waned for a moment, showing a flicker of emotion in her eyes, sniggering lightly, "It would be an opportunity missed to get even more under that toad's skin... Fine, I'm in."