Chapter 2

Jake's POV

After coming from school, I went straight to my room. and yes I forgot about the parcel. Today was a hectic day.  I wanted to take rest. I changed my clothes and went to take a nap. It was mid-afternoon, something like 3:30ish and I was sleeping lightly when I heard the doorbell ring. 

"There really shouldn't be anyone at this time. Even Ash is out. Let me check myself."

I went downstairs dizzily, half asleep. I opened the door but saw no one. Strange did it ring or was I dreaming?

I don't know what it was doing. I glanced around the house looking for ash. She might have ringed the doorbell and then might have opened it. I really couldn't find anyone so I went to my room. 

A few minutes past I heard my telephone ring, but until I could pick it up, it was cut. I waited there for 5 minutes with the hope that they could call back. Whilst waiting I fall asleep. 

Next, I remember a loud bang, that broke my sleep. I still was dizzy and trying to find what happened. I couldn't really figure out what happened or even what was happening unless I saw Marcel. He is a friend of Ash. but what was he doing here? I was about to ask him when Sarah interrupted saying.

"GOOD MORNING SLEEPING BEAUTY"

I looked at the clock it was 6:00. I went to my room, got fresh up after a lazy afternoon sleep. it was Friday night, which means it was fun with friends night. I called mom about her whereabouts just to know that she would not be able to come home tonight. We went to Ray's house. it was basically a movie marathon and some games. Its Halloween time, so the theme would be horror movies. It's not always I get to scare people. The rest of the night went by joyfully. We all fell asleep after that. 

The next morning was  I welcomed by a hard pillow slammed on my face. It was paul and ken. I woke up feeling refreshed as hell and thought to make my day productive. Sarah told me that ash has already gone home. 

I reached the house when I saw a letter in the letterbox. I collected it and decided to look at it afterward. I head for a shower. ash had already made breakfast for us. Mom joined us too. after having breakfast, Mom and ash went to the mall for shopping and I went to my room.

my study table was a mess, I composed it when my eyes fell on the envelope. when I opened it, it was empty.  I was dumbfounded by this letter. I collected my assignments and started to complete them.  it took me 4 hours to complete it and was tired. I had a whole week to myself now. I filled the assignments and went to keep in the bag. and then I saw the mysterious package lying there all by itself.

-X-