Chapter 4

Jake's POV

I tried to sleep last night but I couldn't let my mind out of the things that were in my head. It was like a huge relay of neurons bombarding each other. I woke up looking weary and tired. I looked like I haven't slept at all. Although it's true, I don't think I would get to take rest anytime soon. So this would be a routine for the next few weeks. I hated changes but since his death, I didn't care much.

I went to take a fresh bath. It was a cold winter day, so a hot water bath would be refreshing for me. I had a lot to do. As it was Sunday, I had to go to Claire's house. We had a project due next week. We had to prepare an investigatory project that was assigned to us. It was about the Central Nervous System. I came out and wore a red hoodie and a track. I got down and ate my breakfast. Mom had made us steaks and cheese bagel. I gulped it with fruit juice.

' Jakey, slow down my boy. '

Mom said.

'In my defense, I am in a hurry, mom.'

I replied.

Ash came out of his room, yawning. She just woke up. She is not a morning person. She is used to staying up till late at night doing god knows what.

' Good morning grumpy sleepyhead. ' I said while looking at my sister. She looks so awful.

' Morning weirdo. ' she replied looking to me. Teasing me with tongue out.

' Wash your face hon, and then eat your breakfast. Do you have to go to HQ today ? ' mom said to Ashley.

' Ya mom, I need to complete my new comic real quick. '

' Mom, I am leaving I will be back before lunch. ' I said before I ran past the door.

I left. I went straight to Claire's house. We did are project for almost 2 hours.

' So we did it at last. ' Darren said

' Yes, Mrs. Johnson would like our work. ' Claire replied

' Yeah, hope so. ' I added.

After that, I left. I still hand 2 hours to myself. And I didn't want to get back home. I went to the mall for a stroll. After about half an hour roaming around, I sat down to get a coffee. I kept my bag on the chair with my belongings and went to order a mocha latte. It took roughly 5 minutes to get my coffee. I went back to my chair. There is nothing better to sip coffee while reading a book. Time flew away as I was engrossed in reading the novel.

Ash's POV

I woke up around 9. I was late. I had to go to HQ today. I work at WriteIt. It's a writer's community. I had to reach there by 10:30. I rushed out. I was greeted by mom and jake. Jake was leaving for Claire's house and mom was cleaning the kitchen. She told her to clean up quickly and come to eat breakfast.

I ran down, after getting ready. I ate my breakfast. I was about to leave when Mom called.

' Could you bring expresso for me while returning ? ' mom requested me. She was working until late at night. It would cheer her up.

' Ok, anything else ? '

' No. Thanks. '

' No problem. '

I reached on time. It was time for our weekly meeting. We have a weekly meeting to report our progress to the editor. We all have a fun time in weekly meetings because we share different, unique, and interesting ideas. If you wonder about the sudden dramatic twist in the plot, I could assure you this had been thoroughly discussed in the weekly session. It was fun discussing the work. I went back to the desk at getting started to complete it. It took me another hour to finally finish my graphic novel. I had been working on for the past 2 months. I submitted my work to the editor. I would be out in a week. I head back home. I went for coffee. I saw Jake. He was there too. Jake loves being here. It was no surprise to find him here.

' Hey, jakey. ' I called out to him.

' Oh ash, what are you doing here ? ' he looked startled.

' Mom told me to get an expresso for her. So how was at Claire's. '

I replied to him. While he drank his coffee in one go. And that's why I call him a weirdo. But he has not been this weird.

' Well yeah, I guess we completed our work. Darren was very excited. Bill was goofy as always. ' he faked laughed.

' Good, so are you gonna stay here or head back home. '

' Yeah I was just passing by, so I thought to have a drink. '

We reached home before lunch. And the rest of the day passed by.

Diary Entry #23

Jake's been acting weird from the past few days. I hope everything's okay.

-X-