chapter 7

It had been a few days since jake last heard from anonymous. The little back story of anonymous. He is obsessed with jake. He is an online stalker. A computer genius. He daily messages jake and tells him to be on his foot and observe his surrounding. Jake never really knows him personally. He could be a psychopath, a criminal, or even a wanted fugitive. But it's not his first encounter with Jake, he has helped him previously. You can their relationship as sherlock and his homeless network.

A month passes by, Jake got good grades. Ash got his comic published. And no contact from anonymous. He has a trip to attend next week. It's an excursion to Syracuse University, best known for its forensic experts and highly specialized labs. It was a dream for jake to be visiting such a place. He was very eager to meet his idols and try to learn from them. Jake was always a quick thinker, he had a vast knowledge of things and knew when things won't add up, His interest in puzzles came through reading about sherlock holmes. Well, he wasn't a private detective, he was still pursuing a career in forensics. 

"Mr. Holmes are you available now?" a voice spoke.

Jake stood up looked towards the door

"Shut up, Mike," Jake replied with Ecstacy.

Mike Sanders was a childhood friend of Jake, his first best friend. Mike was a year older than him.

"Long time no see." Jake continued

He hugged him.

"Yeah caught up in a lot of work."

"Tell me, since you have moved out, you haven't had time for us."

Mike moved out to New York to pursue his profession as a consultant detective and has his clinic running.

"I see, no place for the small-town people."

"It's not like that, and besides here I am."

They spent the evening talking about their past and had an absolute evening. They went a stroll down the park where they to play every day after school. Mike had to move to New York when his dad was transferred for treatment 4 years ago. Since then he visits the neighborhood 3-4 times a year to meet jake and his rest of the friends. 

Mike's POV 

It was a nice time spent with jake, it's been years since we went down the park.  And after Mr. Welter's death, he hasn't opened up about it yet. Mr. Welter was a great man and an outstanding police officer, its because of him that I can pursue my career as a detective. these 2 years must have been hard for him especially losing his father. I was walking down the road when I heard someone calling out for me. It was Ashley and Mrs. Welter.

"Hey, Mikey!!" Ashley called out in excitement.

"Hello Ash, Good evening Mrs. Welter." I replied.

"Good evening Mike, how have you been." Mrs. Welter asked.

"I am fine Mrs. Welter, just coming down from the park, heading back home."

"So early?" Ashley Questioned 

"Yeah actually had work nearby so I decided to stop by jake and meet him."

"Then you should come with us and have dinner with us."

"I would love to but I have to get back to the clinic."

"Aw come on Mike, it won't take much time."

"I really do appreciate your gesture Ash, I would have stopped but it's really important and I would be visiting back soon, I promise." 

"Take care. "

"Bye Ash, Good night Mrs. Welter."

"Bye."

I took the bus and got down at Hartford street. it is not as busy as manhattan square is but it still is buzzing with people. I went down to my clinic, not a big space but it still is enough for me and my partners to sustain our business. 

-X-