Shy Guy (D.Swing) Part 1

Beatrice 1992:

Beatrice 1992:

I walk into my music class to see a big group of girls crowded around DeVante as he was playing the piano. I knew it would be him, I didn't have to see who it was because that boy can attract a lot of girls with his instrumental skills......well I'm not sure if that's the case.

Many girls view DeVante as this project, yes I can't deny that he is good looking but these girls are looking for a quick fuck from him. He's not like that and I know he's not like that, he's in most of my other classes and I say he's mysterious because he doesn't really interact with anyone. I feel like he can be shy but come on, he's been in this school for like a good year now, he should be comfortable, or maybe that's just the way he his.

He's completely different from his brother Dalvin though. Dalvin is more outgoing, loud and the girls love him too. I find him attractive but he's cocky about it, I don't like that in a man.....well he's barely a boy so.....

The teacher started to enter the room so we all took our seats. I don't know what it is but every lesson the girls are either rolling their eyes at me or scoffing. Like I did not choose to seat next to DeVante, Miss put me there, if y'all wanna be mad be mad at the teacher not me.

'Hi' I smiled at him taking my seat as he replied back with a smile

It seemed forced but I don't care, it's better than nothing. I really want to be that girl to shake him out of his comfort zone, like be more social.....he's just really mysterious and It makes me want to explore him.....like get to know a little bit more.

'Okay today class this homework will be a little different from the ones we usually do' Miss Bell said 'for this assignment, you'll be working in partners doing a cover of a song of your choice but adding your own twist too it'

All the girls turned their head, looking at DeVante as if they wanted to grab his ass and eat it all up. These girls are real thirsty and they making the classy girls look bad.....

Before miss told us to scurry of to find a partner, I felt a slight tap from DeVante on on my arm.

'Can I be your partner?' He asked with an urge

I really didn't think he would ask me since he don't really talk, but hey I got my wish didn't I? I did say I wanted to get to know him more so here's m my chance.

'Yeah yeah sure' I smiled to myself

All the girls ran up to DeVante's table, little did they know he already asked me so they can sit their asses down somewhere else.

'Oh DeVante can I be your-'

'I've already got a partner' he said as I watched the girls get a little hurt

'Whose your partner?' One of the girls asked

'I already asked Beatrice' he simply said

It was like this was planned, all the girls turned their heads in unison altogether, giving me death stares. Look I ain't gonna sit here and look like a mug while they scare me with their looks.

'Y'all scaring me, go and find your thirsty asses another partner' I said as they scoffed while I peaked DeVante smiling to himself

Awh he's so adorable.....did I make him laugh?

I bought my table a little bit closer to his since we'll be working together but I didn't want to freak him out by it like, throwing myself in him.

'If this is too close I can always shift away a bit' I said not trying to make him feel uncomfortable

'No it's fine' he said

I was scrunching up my lip when there was really nothing to talk about with him, it got really awkward as well.....oh boy.....

'Em why did you chose me anyways?' I asked

He turned his head looking straight in my eyes.....boy those eyes are beautiful 'to get away from all the thirsty bitches in the classroom, you're different from them and I think we could both benefit from it' he reassured me

Both benefit from it......I wonder what he means by that?

I was still gazing in his eyes, I didn't know I was when I heard a deep cough from him 'oh sorry I didn't mean I was just-'

'Don't worry about it, people always get lost in my eyes' a small smile came out

'You've got beautiful eyes though' it came out 'oops, I did it again' he laughed at my blunders

I don't want him thinking I'm thirsty.

'Why do you keep on apologising?' He laughed

'I don't want you thinking I'm like the other girls.....all over you'

'Trust me, you ain't nothing like them' he said 'soooo about this assignment, I would do it at my house but then my parents would be complaining that the music is devil music'

'Devil music, what do you mean?' I was confused

'My family is real religious' he put emphasis on 'real' 'You see music like Mary J Blige, Guy, Al B. Sure......you know what I'm talking about, that's devil music to them, the only music they wanna hear is gospel music'

'Awh that must be sad' I felt his pain

'Yeah it is'

'Well you can always come over to my house, like my parents aren't there.....well not like anything will be happening.....only thing that'll be happening is getting the homework done....you know' I was rambling

'Are you sure?' He asked

'Yeah it'll be fine' I told him

'Okay then....what day?' He asked

'Saturday, I'm busy during the week' I said

'Okay cool' he said

'Cool' I repeated after him

And there goes the awkward silence again.......