Uptown Records (D.Swing)

Jayda 1989:

Jayda 1989:

'So, are you looking forward to your new journey here?' Andre asked me

'Yep, I'm pretty excited!' I said happily

He guided me into this recording room where the artist go and record their songs. The place was filled with so many people, mainly men which I kind of felt intimidated by since they looked grown and my ass was only nineteen. There where four boys that looked young.....and familiar but I didn't want to stare for too long since I would come of as weird.

'Excuse me' I heard a deep voice

'Oh sorry' I said as I thought I was in his way

'No no, you're not in my way' he smiled 'you must be new here?'

He was fine though-like ffiiinnnneeee. I knew he was definitely older than me, maybe like three years older but I'm of age now. I can tell from his shirt that he had a nice build.....he looked hench judging buy his arms and all sorts of unholy thoughts were circling in my mind.

'Er yep!' I smiled awkwardly

'Horace Brown' He said to me as he took his hand out to shake

'Jayda Mitchel' I said to him as I shook his hand

I felt this immense connection with him, I didn't want to let go and it looked he didn't want to either.

'Ohh I think I should let go now' I noticed we were still clinging onto each other's hand

'Oh yeah, I forgot I was shaking your hand' he laughed as we both parted 'well it was nice seeing you, I'll see you around here some time'

'Yes you will' I waved him off smiling

WOAH!

I was walking backwards as I was still staring at him. He didn't realise.....hopefully not......

'Oh sorry' I bumped into somebody turning around releasing who I knew it who it was

I tried to form my words to apologise but he wouldn't allow me 'Don't talk to me' he said harshly

My mood changed from happy to regret. I remember back when we were dating in 1988, he told me he wanted to form a group and go all the way to get signed in New York but all I could do as a 'supportive girlfriend' was laugh, I thought he was joking about it but he was really being serious about it.....reasons why he was so off with me and we broke up afterwards. If I paid so much attention to him, I would've known it was this record label he was talking about because if I knew, I wouldn't have come here because I knew tension would develop.

'Donald I'm sorry' I followed after him

'Don't call me that' he said

But that's your name though....isn't it?

'What else am I supposed to call you....Don....D....' I was thinking

'How about you don't call me anything at all' he looked me in the eye

He must be really pissed off.....but I understand, my ass was so dumb I didn't even think before opening my mouth, not realising shit I said could be hurtful to him.

'Can we just talk this out?' I asked as we exited out the room

'What is there to talk about?.....Did you come all the way here to apologise to me because you knew I was going to make it big?' He thought

'No.....yes.....but no, let me explain' I said

'I had no idea you were going to be here.....you, Dalvin, K-Ci or Jojo' I told him 'if I was being a good girlfriend, I would've known so I didn't cause any trouble for you. Back then, when we used to date, I was selfish.....I didn't support you when I should've which I'm deeply and truly sorry for. I have nothing but happiness for you, we might not be on good terms but I just wanna apologise for being in that crowd were I lowered your self-esteem'

It was silent between us two, I really felt like an idiot because I'm here begging for forgiveness and he ain't saying shit. Well it worth a try.....

'Wait, J' he called out for me

'Didn't think you'll call me by my nickname' I kind of laughed

'Yeah I know but everyone deserves a second chance.....not dating though' he said

Who said I wanted a relationship with him again?.....

'So you forgive me?' I was eager

'Yeah but don't do that shit to me again' he reminded me as he opened his arms to hug me