🌹Six:Late🌹

"I'll try to keep it conflict free."
-Issy, bouquet teaser.

Famous last words lmao

"Do you think he'll like it?" Josh asks nervously as he threads his hand through the vibrant curls bouncing over his forehead for the hundredth time.

The older man sighs and ruffles his hair.

"Who cares? It looks great, but it matters if you like it rather than him." He reasons.

Biting his lip to suppress his smile, josh's gaze falls to his feet. "I really like him." He states softly, finally allowing his grin to flourish.

Ryan arches an eyebrow at him. His hand falls from his hair, now resting at his side but hitting the arm of the sofa when he plops down onto the cushioned seat.

"What's this tyler guy like?" He questions, tapping his fingers to beat thumping in his mind.

Cheeks alight with crimson hues, josh shifts from where he was standing in front of the mirror touching at his hair with a pertinacity not unlike a cat pawing at litter. He settles down on the other end of the sofa, kicking his legs onto his best friend's thighs.

"He's, um, he's really sweet. And like.. the most charming person I've ever met." He replies, his cheeks warming the more he speaks. "And he's somehow cute and hot at the same time."

Ryan laughs as he tugs the boy's feet closer to his abdomen. "Somehow? You realise those are synonymous, right?"

"No, i mean like teddy-bear cute but at the same time he's pin-me-up-against-a-wall hot." Josh explains with a scolding heat flaring on his entire face.

"Pin-me-up-against-a-wall hot." Ryan echos through snickers. "Twink." He mutters.

"Sorry, what did you say? And this time, as you repeat it, remember exactly where the heel of my foot is." The younger says sternly, faking irritation to emphasise his point as he lightly digs his foot into the brunet's upper thigh.

Immediately, he scoffs; although he finds himself adjusting feet on his lap a second time, rolling them onto his knees whilst josh rolls his eyes.

"Are you nervous to see him later?"

As he sighs, josh mumbles, "extremely," before quickly adding to his answer. "Whilst we're on the subject, could you do me a huge favour and come with?" He requests softly, expression saddening when the older simply exhales a reluctant laugh.

"What do you need me there for?" Ryan chuckles, shoving his legs away and standing up to walk into the kitchen for a snack.

Huffing, josh follows him out into the hallway of their clean apartment and leans against the wooden door. His arms cross over his chest but immediately unfold to catch the bottle of orange juice thrown at him from the fridge.

"I'm so nervous, Ry. Every time I look at the time, I think 'I should go soon' but then I'm hit by a wave of anxiety and I just. I'm scared I'll get the place wrong or something. Please come." He begs, hazel eyes pleading.