🌹Twelve:Cry🌹

No grey owns my freaking ass; not even ashamed

Windows awash with blurry streaks of water, the room is submerged in dull twilight as the sun dips beneath the skyline behind the clouds.

Faded cerulean shadows the light walls due to the lack of a lamp's canary yellow glow. The relentless wolf outside the window howls at the windows, dousing the surfaces in a misty puddle of steel grey.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Glaring at the large clock above the tv, joshua adjusts the warm blanket around his shoulders. He burrows further beneath it, immediately showing an indisputable likeness to that of a rabbit digging a home into soil.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Why does that stupid clock feel the need to constantly mock him?

Tick. Tick. Tick.

"Shut up!" He suddenly snaps, rage-misted hazel eyes narrowing as he watches it hesitate before smugly beginning to cackle at him. Irritation rises like bile in his throat but he's quick to bite it back, gritting his teeth at the harsh heightening of its incessant ticking.

Astonished, Ryan blinks at him.

"I... didn't say anything?"

Josh rolls his eyes, then scowls. "I wasn't talking to you; as if I'd talk to you like that."

The older inhales deeply before abandoning the breath through a sigh. He's hesitant to reply, you kinda already are, due to the seemingly permanent rain cloud drizzling over the boy's head as of the past few days.

"Josh," he mumbles eventually, closing his book and setting it down on the coffee table. His legs - spread over the three seater sofa without a care - cross over each other until he's finally found a comfortable position.

Refusing eye contact as Ryan removes his glasses and tiredly rubs his eyes with his fingertips, the younger shuffles on the chair. His cheek presses against the armrest, eyes squeezing shut in a futile attempt to filter out his best friend trying yet again to drum some rationality into him.

"-urely you would want to spend as much time with him as pos-"

Lightly shakes his head, joshua chokes up on the distressed breath hissing up his throat. The strangled groan is doused in water as bolts of tears threaten to shock his eyes like electric wires connecting them.

"And I get that you probably don't want to hear this right now, but as your best friend it's my job to tell you- you're being a little bitch at the moment." Ryan finishes, pausing his awkward laughter to scratch at the back of his neck and trail his glossed stare over his stretched legs.

"I'm not going to see my boyfriend for four months. I think... I'm allowed to be a little upset." Irritation forces a scowl to the boy's usually-sweet face, eyes remaining glued shut as his lashes clump together against the skin.

Immediately Ryan notices the silent sobs beginning to thrash at his body, biting his lip as he reaches for his phone. Relief floods stomach with a fuzz not unlike the anxious sadness that comes with losing someone after a battle with an illness.

Before unlocking the device, he stands up, then crouches in front of his friend. The palm of his hand is gently settled on his shoulder, thumb rubbing circles into his bare skin as he delicately sighs.

"You're allowed to be upset, but you've been a bitch towards him. A normal person would suck it up - at least unless he's gone - and spend as much time around him as possible. But nope, not you." Ryan harshly continues, gulping back the forceful sorrow cramming up his throat as the boy's entire body visibly trembles.