Chapter 3: I know that you're not okay

Midway through Kirishima had to stop to cough up more flower petals. All Might pulled him out, after class. "Young Kirishima, are you feeling alright?" The former hero asked. "I'm ok." He muttered. All Might exhaled. "Lying won't get you far." Kirishima's eyes widened. "How did you know..?" He said quietly. All Might didn't really answer his question. "I noticed that you've been coming late to class and now you have to stop training to have a fit of coughing. Let me ask you one more time. Are you ok, young Kirishima?" The teacher put his hand on Kirishima's shoulder. "I- I think I have Hanahaki.." Kirishima said quietly. All Might nodded. "If that's the case, I think I have to end your internship with fat."

"Wait- is that really necessary? I can still fight!" Kiri pleaded. "We can't have you vomiting flowers while going on patrol or stopping a villain. I'm sorry, Kirishima but this is the only way." All Might reasoned. "But what  if I get better?" The blonde looked away from Kirishima. "Hanahaki is only curable through surgery or the slim chance that this person likes you back."
"And what if I get surgery?" Kiri said, looking up at his teacher. "If you get surgery you won't be able to experience these emotions ever again."