Chapter 14: Hard times bring silly shenanigans

Weeks flew by, Kirishima getting worse. He pulled out his phone and messaged Bakugou.

[Hey Baku-bro]

{What do you want?}

[Nothing. Just saying hi.]

{Hey about your flowers-}

Kirishima stared at the message. "Oh shit."

{I noticed that there are more on your body. Are you getting worse?}

Kirishima paused. Should he lie or tell the truth?

[Idk]

{Wtf do you mean, idk!? Shitty-hair is your Hanahaki getting worse, yes or no!?}

[Yes.]

Katsuki turned his phone off, scowling.

Kirishima put his phone down, sighing.

Eijiro walked into the bathroom feeling his 'warning sign' the boy coughed into the sink, red petals stained by his blood. Eijiro heard the vibration of his phone but instead of answering it, he coughed up more petals. He stopped coughing and went to answer his phone, the call ending. He sighed, coughing up more flowers. The boy doubled over, a stabbing sensation in his chest. He looked at his phone, it was ringing for the third time. He reached out and pressed the answer button. "Rock face- Are you ok?" Bakugou's voice came through. Kiri couldn't answer, the pain stopping him from speaking. "Rock face?" Kirishima grimaced, coughing into the sink. "I'm ok Bakugou-" He bit his lip, the pain intensifying. "Can't you hear me anyway?" He said before releasing a truck-ton of blood. "I'm not at Yuuei, genius. Are you ok, though?" He asked, concerned. "I'll call you back." Kirishima ended the call and vomited flowerheads. It's never been this bad! The boy felt his chest get tighter as he reached for his phone once again. He clicked on a random contact, still coughing. "Hello?" A voice came through. "Eiji?" Ashido called. "Come-" He gasped. Kirishima heard the call end and continued to vomit into the sink. A loud bang echoed through the hall as Ashido came bursting through Eijiro's dorm. Ashido was stunned by the sight of her friend. "Eiji are you-" He nodded. Mina's anxiety went down as she placed a hand on his back, staring down at the rose heads in the sink. He finished, breathing heavily. "Sorry, Ashido.." He apologised, scooping up the flowers and throwing them into his bin. "It's alright, Eiji." She smiled kindly. He turned the tap on, cupping water in his hands. Kirishima washed his face and dried it with his hand towel, giving Ashido a reassuring glance. "I'm ok-" He started. "Eiji those were rose heads." He looked at her. "I mean- rose heads. I thought you got surgery." Ashido's face was anything but concern. "I didn't get them all removed." He stated. "But- why? You wouldn't have to worry about-" She tried. "I didn't get the whole surgery because I didn't want to lose my feelings!" Eijiro said over her. Ashido hugged her friend. "I'm sorry.." He hugged her back. "Apologising for nothing isn't very manly." He joked. "You're not manly." She flicked his nose. "You wanna go?" He let her go, activating his quirk. The roses hardened along with his arms. "Hell yeah!" She grinned. He smirked, looking into her eyes. Ashido didn't break eye contact, squirting a small drop of acid at Kirishima. The flick gave him a small burn on his arm. He threw a punch at her, deactivating his quirk. Ashido jumped on him and pinned him to the ground with a tight hug. The two erupted into a fit of laughter. Bakugou smiled from his dorm.