Chapter 8: He's not going to die! He's fine!

Ashido and Bakugou had stayed the night, sleeping in the chairs. Mina woke to the familiar sounds of coughing. Ashido looked over at Kirishima, who was sitting up with his hands to his mouth. "You ok, Eiji?" She asked, getting up and walking to her friend's side. He looked at her with teary eyes. "What happened..?" He was staring down at his arms, which were blooming Roses. "You fainted." She said. "Your Hanahaki got worse.." She looked away, then back at the boy. "Bakugou found you in your dorm." Eijiro pulled Ashido closer to him, hugging her tightly. Ashido hugged back, feeling the thorns on her back. She pulled back, holding his hands. "It's going to be ok, Eiji." She reassured him. The boy looked like he was going to cry. "What if I die..?" He looked up at her. "You're not going to die, Eiji."
"But I could." He protested. Ashido felt weak, her own concern eating at her. "You can get surgery." She smiled. "But- but I won't be able to love anyone after..." Ashido went quiet. "Regardless, you're going to be ok." Tears pricked at Mina's eyes. The pink-skinned girl embraced the rock boy. "I don't wanna go.. I don't wanna go.." He whispered. Mina looked down at his back, she felt something else this time. There was a soft sensation on Kiri's chest. 'Don't tell me...' She prayed, letting him go. "Wait- Kiri lift your shirt for a sec." The boy did so, not really thinking about it. Roses were blooming from Kirishima's chest.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Eijiro Kirishima was dying.