Chapter 13: I'm here for you

The next day was hot and humid, everyone in class 1-A had left their blazers in their dorms, except for Kirishima. Denki turned around to face his friend, waiting for Aizawa to arrive. "Dude, how are you not hot? Take your blazer off." Denki whined. Kiri looked down at his hand that sprouted flowers. "But my arms-" He muttered. "Who cares?" Kaminari cut him off. "You can't help it. We have training today too." He pouted at the thought of hero training. Kirishima silently slipped his blazer off, hanging it on the back of his chair. His arms were covered in small Roses and even smaller thorns. "Jesus, Kiri." Denki commented, the redhead looking off to the side. "I didn't mean it in a bad way! I think that they're super cool!" Denki tried. Kirishima smiled at his effort. Once Aizawa came he gave the class their hero costumes. In the change rooms Kiri found himself staring at his locker. "You ok, Kiri?" Denki said, putting his glasses on. Kirishima didn't respond, staring down at his chest. Kaminari realised why his friend was so quiet. "Do you want me to tell Mr. Aizawa..?" He asked. Kirishima shook his head, pulling his tie off. "No. It's ok. But- Kami can you uhm.. Can you stay back with me..?" He asked nervously. Kaminari smiled. "Of course bro." Kirishima changed into his hero costume, the flowers revealed. Eijiro was quiet, staring down at the roses. "Insecure?" Denki said from his seat. Kirishima nodded. The electro boy got up and placed his hands on Kirishima's shoulders. "Don't be. I think your flowers make you look manly." Kiri looked up at his friend. "How?" Denki flicked Eijiro's nose "You have a disease, so what? You're still breathing," Kirishima was instantly reminded of the episode he had earlier. "Look, if they can't accept you for how you look, I will." Kiri embraced the shorter boy, being careful as to not accidentally stab his friend with his thorns.   

  At the end of the day Kiri had another episode. "I'm going to die..."