Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Loki, or any recognizable people, places, or things. These belong to Marvel and J. K. Rowling! Enjoy!

As Loki was walking away with the baby, he realized he had no supplies to take care of a child and no idea where he was going to stay while he was on Midgard. It was the middle of the night and he was just carrying around a little boy with no destination in mind. Finally, he decided to try and find a hotel that would allow him to stay for some time. When he was exiled, Odin at least made sure that he had plenty of money to live comfortably for quite a bit of time. With that decided, he found a satisfactory hotel suite with plenty of space. The child woke up when Loki got to his room and started crying. Racking his mind of all the things that could be wrong, he decided to try and change his diaper. Conjuring up an Asgardian version of one, he replaced the dirty one, and the baby stopped crying. Loki looked down to the small creature in his arms and said, "From now on, you will be known as Haraldr Lokison". The newly christened Haraldr looked at Loki and started asking "mama? dada? pafoo?"

"Hush hush" Loki whispered, "It's going to be alright".

Haraldr tilted his head as if questioning Loki.

"I'm going to teach you to be one of the best magic users in existence"

The little boy giggled and started reaching for Loki's hair.

"Hey, there's no need for that!" Loki exclaimed. Haraldr just giggled more.

................................................................................................................

Months passed and Loki continued to take care of Haraldr. The days all seemed to blur together and finally, the day came when his banishment was over. Haraldr was now about 2 years old and he could communicate a fair bit as well as walk and run. With the help of an employee from a baby store, Loki had gotten all the necessary things to take care of him as well as some toys he could play with. Haraldr was smarter than most children his age and liked to play games but could cause more trouble than someone his age should be able to. He absolutely loved it when Loki would use some of his magic and illusions to play with him. Now, however, Loki was trying to get all of his belongings that he had collected over time during his stay. While he was doing this Haraldr was running around causing chaos everywhere he went, knocking over and moving various items around the room. At last, Loki got everything together and managed to get Haraldr under control. He called a taxi that took him to a relatively open area where there was nowhere else around and called the Bifrost to take him back to Asgard. When he arrived he went to his room as fast as he could and placed Haraldr there with instructions to stay. Haraldr was confused but reluctantly agreed to stay with the promise of Loki showing him more magic later so Loki rushed to find his mother, Frigga, as fast as he could.  Running through the halls of the palace, Loki found his mother in the library. 

"Come quickly", Loki said, "There's something extremely important I need to show you!"

"Ok I'm coming but this is very out of character for you," Frigga replied. "Can you tell me what is going on?"

"Just come to my rooms! Haraldr is waiting and I don't want to leave him alone for this long."

"Haraldr? Who is Haraldr?!"

"My son! Come on, I'll explain more when we get there!"

Loki started running faster and when Frigga kept falling behind he told her to continue to his rooms but he was going to teleport. This was the longest he had left Haraldr by himself and it was someplace new where people could walk into his rooms if they wished. When he teleported to his rooms he found something that he was trying to avoid happening: Thor. 

"Brother!" Thor yelled, "It is so good to see you again. I have grown very bored without you here! However, I found something snooping about your room. What do you wish me to do about it?" Thor pulled out Haraldr from behind his back and Haraldr looked terrified. He was struggling against Thor's hands and was yelling to be let go. When he saw Loki, he redoubled his efforts to get free. 

"Thor! Put Haraldr down this instant!"

Thor looked confused. "You know this child? Why is he in your rooms?"

"He is my son." Loki explained, "I found him abandoned on Midgard and chose to take care of him. However, I will wait until mother gets here to tell you the full story so I don't have to go through it twice." Loki reached down and picked Haraldr up and started comforting him until he calmed down. 

"Haraldr look. This is my brother Thor. Can you say hi?"

"No!" Haraldr shook his head vigorously and said "He's a meanie! I don't like him!" He continued to use Loki's shoulder to hide his face. Finally, Frigga arrived at Loki's rooms. 

"Can you explain what is going on now Loki?" Frigga asked. Loki proceeded to tell of all that happened on Midgard and how he found Haraldr. 

"Aww. He's so cute. He looks just like you! However, I would like to offer you something that might help you raise him." Frigga continued.

"What might that be?" Loki questioned.

"With the help of some of the healers we have, we might be able to have you blood adopt him so he would have the same lifespan, the same powers, and he could actually be your son. However, he would still have some things from his old life such as his magic from his parents. What do you think?"

Loki thought about all that this offered and accepted.

"Very well," Frigga said, "We shall go through the necessary rituals and gather the supplies needed tomorrow. For now, you two should get to sleep so we can continue this tomorrow. Good night."

Frigga and Thor walked out of the room and wished the both of them good sleep. Loki got Haraldr and himself ready for bed and went to sleep.

A/N: Thank you so much for continuing to read this story! I really hope you have enjoyed it so far. Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions or ideas! I hope to publish the next chapter soon.