Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Loki, or any recognizable people, places, or things. These belong to Marvel and J. K. Rowling! Enjoy!

As more years passed Haraldr grew older and stronger, both in battle training and magic. He could now create illusions like his dad and keep them for a long time. He could also do most general magic like conjuring things, making potions, and little charms. He was 10 years old now and Loki was allowing him to go on his first message for the Avengers. It was an undercover mission to go to one of Hydra's bases and recover a weapon. He was extremely nervous and scared but excited at the same time. The Avengers had grown to trust him and Loki slightly more than they used to and this was a test of Haraldr's loyalty. He was to go by himself and retrieve the weapon without letting anyone see him. He was in a seemingly abandoned, crumbling castle in an obscure part of Wales. It was winter there so there was snow and he was freezing. He eventually located a side entrance to the castle, one used for servants when the castle was in use. However, it was locked. Luckily for him, his Asgardian heritage made him much stronger than the average human and he was able to easily break the lock.

Making sure to step quietly, he cautiously peeked around the corner. Seeing no one, he crept forward. According to SHIELD and Nick Fury, the weapons were supposed to be held in the dungeons.  Haraldr was making his way down to the dungeons, trying to stairs that looked noisy, when he heard people talking. 

"Boss won't like that... not our fault the location slipped... sure they'll be sending an agent soon... said to put extra protection..."

'Crap,' Haraldr moved into a shady corner 'This was supposed to be simple. In and out, really quick' He now had to come up with a new plan. Using his magic the way Loki taught him to when they first arrived on Midgard, he stretched out his senses. When he was done, he could tell that there were about 5 people, all huddled around where the weapons supposedly were. Turning invisible, he continued down the stairs until he could see the people. He made an illusion of himself on the other side of the room so they would attack it instead of him. 

"Look!" one shouted and they all ran towards the illusion. When their backs were turned, he used his magic to unlock the cell where the weapons were being held. Creeping into the cell, he waited until they discovered their bullets would go straight through the illusion. While waiting, he turned all the weapons to dust. Then, he pulled out his pistol and shot each of them while their backs were turned. He ran out of the room as fast as his legs could take him, which was faster than most humans could run. 

"There!" He heard shouted somewhere behind him "After him!" He ran up the stairs and around corners until he could find an exit. Finally, he could see light and ran towards its source. He then used a form of teleportation to get directly to Avengers tower where he knew everybody was waiting for his arrival.  

He was panting and sweaty when he arrived and the group looked at him worriedly. 

"Are you ok? What happened?" Loki asked frantically, "Are you hurt? Do you need healing?"

"I'm fine Dad," Haraldr grumbled, "No need to fuss over me like a child."

"Did something go wrong Haraldr?" Natasha asked, looking at him curiously.

"Yeah. They were expecting someone and were gathered around the weapons waiting. It sounds like they knew someone gave up information." he proceeded to go over the rest of the information, what type of weapons there were and how many.

"That's it!" Loki said, "You aren't going on another mission for years!"

"But dad..." Haraldr whined. "I did just fine. I completed the mission successfully and got out unscathed."

"We can continue this in the morning. For now, you need to rest. Go to bed. I'll be up there shortly."

A/N: I'm sorry that this chapter is shorter again but I think I'm going to give up trying to hit a certain length per chapter. I think it will make the writing seem forced so I'm just going to stop when I feel like I'm finished. Thanks so much for continuing to read my story and comment if you have any ideas or suggestions. Thanks again!