Chapter 10

A/N:Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Loki, or any recognizable people, places, or things. These belong to Marvel and J. K. Rowling! Just a heads up again, some of the lines in this are borrowed from The Sorcerer's Stone. Thanks for reading!

Haraldr woke early in the morning. Stretching his arms behind his head, he softly walked over to the bathroom. He had to share a room with both Blaise and Draco. He didn't really mind but he would have preferred to have his own room in case he needed to get in contact with his dad. He could always find some secluded place to do so. Once in the bathroom, he started to get ready for the classes. He absolutely hated the robes that wizards wore.

'Why couldn't they advance to more modern clothing' he thought to himself. Robes restricted his movement and just looked horrendous. Wishing he could wear his normal clothes, he reluctantly changed into the uniform. When he was completely dressed and ready for classes, he checked the time. It was only 7 o' clock and he had 2 hours until classes started. Haraldr decided that he wanted to explore the castle and set off. Because of the fact that the Slytherin common rooms were in the dungeons and it was still early morning, it was rather dark in the corridor. Conjuring a floating ball of light, he slowly started walking. There were many portraits on the walls, but most were still sleeping or not in their frame. Haraldr took his time as he walked through the halls and finally, he arrived at the Great Hall. Checking the time with a tempus spell he learned from his books, he swore. It was 8:00 and he still had to eat, feed Jormundur, go back to his dorms to collect his supplies, and then go to class. He had no idea how he had lost track of time and not seen anyone in the halls. Was he really that entranced by the castle? He went over to the Slytherin table where Draco and Blaise were sitting.

"Where were you?!" Draco exclaimed. "You weren't in your bed when we woke up and you weren't eating. What could you have been doing?"

Haraldr looked at him and replied "Exploring." and left it at that. Blaise and Draco were left spluttering. They were interrupted by a professor coming towards them. He had black greasy hair and a crooked nose. He stopped a few steps away and sneered at Haraldr.

"Here are your schedules. Good day," he said and walked away quickly.

Haraldr looked to Draco in bewilderment. "Who was that?" he mouthed.

Blaise replied "He is our head of house, Professor Snape. He seems to have something against you though. He only normally talks like that to the buffoons and the Gryffindor table."

"He's my godfather," Draco added.

Haraldr looked down at his schedule. He had double potions with Professor Snape first. Oh, joy. Haraldr turned to Draco and Blaise and asked "Do either of you know what he has against me? I've never even met him before." Both of them answered in the negative. Haraldr went back to his plate and finished eating. Haraldr watched with interest as his plate disappeared when he was done wondering what kind of magic it was. He walked as quickly as he could without drawing attention to his dorm room. He grabbed his potions kit and book, fed Jormundur and placed the snake around his shoulders, and threw his writing supplies in his book bag. Rushing to the dungeons, he made it to class a couple minutes early and sighed in relief. He picked a seat towards the middle of the classroom. The Slytherins were all on the left side of the classroom and while there were only a few Gryffindors, they were all on the right. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out parchment and a quill so he was ready when the teacher arrived. Draco and Blaise appeared about a minute after and sat down on each side of him. All three were incredibly excited to make potions. Haraldr had learned to make a few kinds of potions with his father and wanted to learn how to make more. The Gryffindors trickled in slowly, the last to arrive were that boy Ron Weasley and another boy. Finally, the door slammed open and the professor arrived in a whirl of robes. He made his way to the front of the classroom, sneering at Haraldr as he did so. When he spoke it was quietly, but the entire class heard every word. They were enthralled by what they were hearing. All of a sudden, he shouted a question at Haraldr. A girl on the Gryffindor side raised her hand as high as she could, but he answered smoothly. Professor Snape looked stunned that he could answer it. Professor Snape fired off two more questions, but again, the same thing happened. For his last question, he asked: "Where would I go, Mr Potter, if I wanted to find the golden apples of immortality?" Once again, Haraldr could not believe his luck. The questions he had been asked were incredibly easy, but the last one was on a whole new level.

"You would go to Asgard, of course. Where else would you look?" he answered. The look on Professor Snape's face when he had all the correct answers was so incredibly ridiculous, he could barely keep a straight face.

"Very well," Professor Snape said, "now get to making the potion on the board." Haraldr looked at the board and could hardly contain his disappointment. He had learned to make that potion when he was 7 years old. He even knew a different way to make it that would be faster and more potent! Debating the pros and cons of the two ways to make it, he decided to do it the way he knew how. It would be better, faster, and maybe possibly get Professor Snape off his back a little. His way took 30 to 35 minutes and he was about halfway done when the Professor came over. He looked into his cauldron and sneered again.

"Completely wrong color Mr. Potter. If it is not correct by the end of the class I will be failing you for this assignment. I suggest you start over and work quickly." he drawled.

"I think I am doing fine Professor," Haraldr said, to the shock of the rest of the class.

"5 points from Gryf-Slytherin, Mr Potter." Professor Snape said.

"Yes, sir." Haraldr went back to brewing his potion, all excitement drained from him. 'This class is dreadful' he thought to himself. Finishing the rest quickly, he bottled it. Making sure to wandlessly charm it unbreakable, he brought it up to Professor Snape.

"Giving up already Mr Potter?" he asked.

"Not at all, Professor. I finished it." Haraldr replied calmly. "It was quite simple, really." The rest of the class looked at him again, the Gryffindor girl in slight anger.

"How could you have possibly finished it already?" he asked, icily.

"I have been making this potion for years now, and I know a better recipe," Haraldr said.

"So you wouldn't mind testing it on yourself? If done correctly it should make you shrink," said Professor Snape.

"Not at all," Haraldr said and took a large swig of it. He shrank until he was only a foot tall. "Is that to your satisfaction, Professor?" he continued smugly, voice in a slightly higher pitch. "I hope you have the antidote."

Wordlessly, Professor Snape pulled it from behind him. The rest of the class passed quickly and he made his way to Transfiguration.

A/N: Thank you for your patience in me getting this chapter out. Sorry if there are some grammar errors or whatnot, this chapter was typed on my phone. I hope you enjoyed!