Saving the Zings

(Heads up extra long chapter than the rest. Enjoy :))

Third POV

Drac walked up to Mavis sadly and went to lay a hand gently on her shoulder when she turned around. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" She yelled as she transformed into a bat and flew away angrily as everyone started walking out. Drac knew he messed up. His daughter is probably mad at him forever, he lost her friends and his, and he lost his zing which killed him the most. The hotel looked deserted as Drac went to Mavis's room. "Here he comes. Count Crock-ula. I'm just glad my eyes a stitched shut, 'cause I don't even want to-" The small head was cut off when Drac used magic to sew his mouth shut then knocked sadly. "Mavis, honey, are you in there?" He asked and walked in the panicked seeing she wasn't in there.

"Mavis?!" He yelled and looked at the window that burst open. "Mavis?!" He yelled again, looking out then turned into a bat and flew out. "Mavis?! Mavis, where are you?!" He yelled then stopped and saw her on the roof. He flew over and turned back to normal then walked down and sat by her with his knees to his chest. THey both sat quietly until Mavis spoke up. "Dad, can you do me a favor?" She asked softly. "Yes, yes, of course, darling. Anything." Drac said softly with a small smile. "Will you erase my mind?" She asked as Drac quickly dropped his smile as he looked at her surprised. 

"No, no, no, no. No, I won't do that. There's too much I want you to remember." He said softly and looked at Mavis who held her legs closer to her chest and buried her face in her arms. "You were right, Dad. The humans hate us." Mavis said with her voice breaking as she softly cried. "Sweetheart, there are so many eligible monsters out there. You're so young to...what is it? What are you reading?" Drac asked as Mavis handed him the book she was holding close before holding her legs close again as Drac looked at the title that said True Love by Mom. He opened the cover and saw it was for Mavis's 118th birthday as he turned the page to a drawing.

"Two lonely bats crashed in the night.

They felt a Zing. Love at first sight.

They knew right then

they would be husband and wife.

For a Zing only happens once in your life.

Your Zing will come, my love.

Cherish it.

Love, Mommy"

Drac looked at the book sadly as Mavis spoked up. "I thought we Zinged, Dad." Mavis said as Drac held the book. "You and Johnny?" Drac asked softly. "I guess it was only me. But you should be happy, Dad. There's no reason for me to leave. I have no more dreams. I'm just like you now." She said then stood up and formed into a bat and flew back into her room as a card fell down near Drac. It started blowing away as it caught Drac's attention he watched it and grabbed it before it flew off the roof. "Martha, what have I done?" He asked softly. 

*Small Time Skip*

Everyone was asking for their bill as they wanted to leave the hotel because of what happened. "Friends, please, stop." Drac said flying in his bat form behind the receptionist desk. "It's too late, rat-bat!" Murray said as Drac turned into normal. "Please, I'm begging you. I need you to help me find Johnny and Y/N." Drac said in desperate need for help. "The humans? They could've killed us!" Wayne said, leaning over the counter. "Johnny touched my guitar!" Murray said with his complaint. "He put his hand in my mouth to see if it would disappear." Griffin said as well. "He let me eat his scooter!" The old gremlin lady said too.

"I know I lied. I was wrong. But you have to believe this: Johnny and Y/N weren't bad people. The truth is, I don't even know if humans are bad anymore. Frank, come on, buddy. You understand." Drac said softly bending down, putting his hand against a box sadly. "He's not talking to you. First you tell us humans are bad, now they're good. What else? Up is down, cold is hot, gremlins don't smell?" Eunice asked in the box beside Frank's. "Hey!" A gremlin said, offended. Frank opened his box with his hand holding his head. "I really liked Johnny, cousin or no. And Y/N too. He told fun stories while Y/N is just a sweet and funny girl." Frank said.