7 [S]

Sebestian Knight

Pain. It binds the wound that breaks upon the surface of my skin and I clutch at my arm, biting back a groan of stifled annoyance. The dark blood dribbles down the length of my arm and traces along my skin, gradually trickling to the ground and splashing a blot of black.

"Hey, you're hurt." Luna's voice snaps me out of my trance-like state and I glance up, realising that the Solars have their weapons pointed at me.

Just great.

"He's a Dark." One of the Solars whose name I think is Alex says. His eyes are filled with an icy hatred that sends chills right through my body. Grasping my injured arm, my hand isn't large enough to hold two items at once and my knife lies along the ground, useless.

I open my mouth to come up with an excuse but my words fail me.

"You lied to us. Why?" The Solar who I think is called Daniel says. He takes a steady step forward, gaze firmly planted on me. His stare is fiery and nearly burns a hole through me and I think of how they resemble solar light so much, bright and intense. Unforgiving and cruel.

"I-" A low hiss of pain escapes me as the pain starts to grow, slowly wrapping itself around my veins and squeezing the blood out of the rupture on my skin.

"Don't you guys think we should patch him up first?"

Edward.

I feel my head go light when he speaks, as if a bright burst of energy has just sweeped through my being and let out a blast of solar light in my mind. Though I have never heard him speak until now, I can almost pinpoint the voice to the same face I saw years ago. The same wide-eyed stare, same face flooded with interest.

But now is not the time to think about the past. I need to come up with an excuse and fast. Tapping onto what I knew about the history of Solars and their current political situation, I let thread the story quickly.

"The Resistance," I say shakily, starting to feel the waves of dizziness crash over me from the blood loss, "They took me."

Daniel turns to the others to exchange a look but doesn't interrupt me so I keep going.

"Th- they experimented on me and used me to turn the Solars into Darks." The shakiness that my voice adapts assists the certifiability of my story, pinching my tone with something that comes close to resembling fear.

I seal my eyes shut to block out the way Edward is staring at me, to block out the way his gaze feels like a strong beam of concentrated solar energy, enveloping me in a cyclone of heat.

"I only just escaped recently. I- I couldn't tell you the truth because I don't know who you are. What if you were part of the Resistance? What if you were one of them coming to take me back?"

Lies. They feel some normal, rolling against the tip of my tongue and the words aren't foreign to me anymore. In fact, I am certain that none of the Solars here belongs to the group of Solars that call themselves the Resistance.
Firstly, what would the Resistance want with samples of sediments along the fissure? Their goals are orientated with violence and fear and doing manual labour regarding to Atlanta's nature is nowhere near that.
Secondly, the dark ink that is stamped along their skin looks nothing like the symbol that the Resistance wears. Patterns that swirl and curve, dots and lines that dance along their arm- a far cry from the single tattoo that marks a Resistance member.

Hoping that none of them are able to catch onto the little things that I have noticed, I let the night sky pull me into the view and have to breathe back a sigh of relief when they seem to buy my story.

"We'll wrap that up and then you can come with us. We'll talk about what to do with you once we've reached the safehouse." Daniel sighs, nodding towards my wound as he ushers Luna to get out her medical tools.

I thank him and let Luna soak the blood from my wound with a cloth before cleaning it up with water. I don't tell them that I have supplies of my own in my bag and let them use their resources on me. I don't trust any of them just yet and I'm certain that revealing my own batch of tools would just land me in more suspicion.

As Luna wraps my arm up with a thick wad of bandages, I feel Edward's eyes on me, scanning my features. Grateful that Luna's figure blocks a part of my body, reventing me from viewing Edward entirely, I turn my gaze elsewhere.

"Alright, we're good to go. C'mon, it's not far from here." Luna says as soon as she packs up the medical supplies. As we journey on, I can't help but let my thoughts drift to Edward. The way he is still as innocent as when I last saw him, the way there can't possibly be a trace of what happened between us in his memory and what he would say if he knew that the blood on my hands belonged to his father. And how it haunts me, to this day.

Word Count: 909 Words

A/N: Again, not my best written chapter >_< Don't be afraid to tell me what you think and every vote, comment and share is appreciated and encouraged!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.