10 [S]

Sebestian Knight

As soon as Alex is done with his little speech, I find myself approaching Daniel to ask for where to go next.

To let myself think that such a spiteful Solar would dare threaten me and not give me direction as to where my temporary sleepung quarters are? How ill-mannered can these Solars get?

I find Daniel in the training room that Alex showed us on the tour recently. He's leaning against the plastic strings that cordons off the main fighting ring, breathing heavily with beads of sweat gleaming against his pale frame.

"Fighting right after dinner?" I call out, trying terribly hard not to let my tone curve towards a path of amusement. I am not here to be entertained by these awful creatures. I am here to simply use it to my advantage and I'll be out even before Alex brings his threat to life.

"Yeah. Gotta squeeze in some hours before daylight fades and the energy is drained out of my body."

Right. They practically feed on solar energy. It's difficult to slip on a mask to hide the disgust when there's only Daniel in the room but he doesn't seem to care. Letting one of his arm dangle along the thin rail, he calls out to me again.

"What are you here for? A secret training session?"

"Ha, I wish. I'm here to find out where I'm supposed to go."

A frown creases the skin on Daniel's face as he blinks in response, surprised by my answer, "Alex was supposed to tell you."

"Yeah, about that... he didn't." I reply sarcastically, slowly controlling my tone, keeping in check the emotions that fluctuate with each word just to play with Daniel.

Finally shrugging the doubt that I have instilled in him with my words, Daniel sways back into the ring fully.

"You're supposed to be in the same room with the other new guy- with Edward."

Oh no. No way.

As soon as Daniel finishes answering my question, a neon purple bubble that is a perfect duplicate of a shield is engaged around the ring, acting as a force field. I watch as the electric threads and fibres that have been weaved to create the shield come to life, crackling and hissing with power.

As the ring is being activated, a Dark dummy materialises in the circle that Daniel is confined to. Springing to life, the dummy begins to engage in an attack that is uncannily life-like, moving in one fluid motion the way regular Darks do.

Wait a minute.

Daniel isn't lying- fighting before night falls is a great idea since daylight will slowly be seized by darkness but I'm certain that it's far too late for sufficient daylight to even penetrate the deep grounds and power the energy amount required for such high-tech equipment to run.

They have to be storing a source of solar energy somewhere here. If I am able to find it, I may just have a chance of destroying it and shutting down their organisation's operations, killing off any way to improve the Solar system and pushing the Darks' system at a pace that would leave the Solars far behind.

Silently praising myself for the wonderful idea that slowly unfurls in my mind, I slip off towards the room that I recall Alex leaving Edward in.

It is only when I find myself standing before the door, stripped of any stratergy as to how to face the oncoming waves of guilt do I realise how vulnerable I have made myself.

Word Count: 594 Words

A/N: So this is a short one but I wanted to end on that note (:

Don't be afraid to drop by with a comment about your thoughts regarding the characters or any part of the book! I appreciate every vote, comment and share!