15 [S]

Sebestian Knight

The moon cycle is on my mind but I don't have time to worry about it now. Martha slips the vehicle into a parallel parking space before we leave it, hurriedly picking up the pace in the smoothest manner we can muster.

For a moment, I wonder what would happen if any of the Resistance members happn to recognise me. Would they pin me down as a traitor of my kind or will they reason my presence for something deeper, something they don't understand?

As the three of us join the back of the queue, I hear an impatient hiss in my ear.

"C'mon, guys. We don't have time to mingle at the back of the line- you three need to get in immediately."

From beside me, Martha draws in a sharp breath before starting to nudge her way to the front, weaving her way through the thick throng of Solars. A smatter of fair mumurs arise but none of them are enough to trigger a pink glow to my cheeks- even I know the gravity of our current situation.

Standing guard before the set of mahogany doors that run wide, allowing a peek of wealth of affluence to overflow from the inside, is a broad chested Solar. His eyes are hidden behind a pair of thick rimmed sunglasses and he stares down at us, his face a potrait of annoyance.

"Get back in line." He growls but Martha stands her ground, undaunted. Puffing our her chest slightly, she leans in close to the Solar, her eyes slowly filling with lust as her hands start to coil around his arms, her skin brushing against him with the slightest movement.

"Are you sure you would like that?" Her voice is soft and a shiver trembles down my back as her eyes grow round and her dress flutters along the set of pristine pants that falls along the Solar's ankles. His face muscles stiffening, the Solar firmly steos aside from Martha and the sudden removal of a boulder to drape along sends her wobbling slightly.

"Get out of here. Now." The Solar snaps, a note of finality to his voice.

"Luke, Edward, I know the two of you are there. You need to do something to get in- I don't care what it is. We can't help you 'till you access the inside!" Ellie's voice rings in my ear and it takes all the discipline I have not to clasp my hand against my head to block out the painful static hiss.

"Sir, she didn't mean anything in that!" Edward starts towards the guard, his step careful but enough to capture his attention.

"We just need to get in- we're going to miss one of our friend's presentation, that's all." Edward's voice is soaked with persuasion and I am almost betrayed by how genuine he looks, with those bright blue eyes and convincing smile that unfolds across his face.

The guard sighs, a flicker of irritation glancing along his features, "IDs, please."

For a second, we scramble for the fake identification cards that Kirk had made for us. Silently reciting a Dark prayer in my head, I take a cautious peek at the guard. He gives our IDS a fast scan before ushering us in with a lazy fluck of his hand.

As we step through the entrance, the strong smell of a mixture of perfumes and colognes sweep across the room, disorinetating my sense for a moment. The room is draped in jewels that glitter with and fabrics of tactile texture stretching along the perimeter. Gold, silver and bronze colours swamp my vision, creating a surreal surrounding and a small part of me whispers to spin in a whirl, to soak in everything that I can't see in a straight line.

Groups and flocks of Solars depart as they drift from potrait to portrait that are hung along the walls and the stunning background effect of a variety of bright colours created by the fusion of different lights emmited severeal hues blinking in a synchronised order from above.