다섯

NAMJOON'S POV

Everyone was speaking in hushed tones as they wondered why Hobi had payed the executioner's price, and not the still very much alive maknae. Although I could hear them, I couldn't open my mouth to say anything. How could I?

I'm the one who chose Hoseok.

In the heat of the moment, I chose Hoseok to be evicted as the mafia, and not Jungkook. Everyone's thinking was so clouded by the thought of avenging Taehyung's killer, they were willing to kill the boy they raised since he was 15.

I looked at Hobi's covered body that was lain across the couch after we had taken him down from dangling on the noose.

No, I didn't think it was Hoseok who had killed Taehyung...

I blinked away the incoming tears from the rush of emotions I was feeling. I felt foolish. I blamed everyone for trying to chose Jungkook without thought, that I chose Hobi without rational thought either.

I look up through my pink dyed bangs, glancing up at the remaining 4 members, still sitting in a semi-circle. No matter how much I wanted to not believe the fact that one of them was the one behind the knife, I had to deduct which one of them did it before the others end up with the same fate as Taehyung... and Hoseok.

Jungkook? I just saved him because I believed he was being genuine when he said didn't do it. It can't be him.

Jimin? A possibility. Although, he hasn't said anything that would make me suspect him in any way.

Jin Hyung? More likely than the two maknae's. He is the narrator, and was rushing into the night of when they wanted to evict Jungkook.

Yoongi Hyung? He is the one who suggested that Jungkook was the mafia. Although, he said the rules wrong. He said that majority vote wins, when it is actually the detective's decision on who the final ruling is..

I sat, pondering on my possibilities.

"Yoongi-Hyung?" I asked carefully.

Everyone faced me, the one is question cocking his head back, making his mint-hair shift.

"From what I was able to deduct... aren't you the mafia?"

The room had gone silent from the tension, Yoongi's expression slowly turning pissed.

"Me? Being the mafia? Don't kid yourself Namjoon."

"Actually, It would make sense. You were the one who wanted to evict Jungkook" Jimin adds in, looking at Namjoon. He nodded to him, showing he was on his side.

"You guys aren't actually thinking about this seriously, right? We agreed on Jungkook." His voice grew weaker as he spoke.

"No,, I think Namjoon has a point. You didn't bat an eyelash when you wanted to evict Jungkook" Jin spoke up

"This is ludicrous! Ludicrous!" Yoongi started shouting, pulling at his mint locks.

"Let the night begin" Jin said softly. I slowly closed my eyes, see Yoongi's betrayed face slowly disappear from my sight.

A choking noise had me shooting my eyes open. The scene displayed in front of me sending chills down my bone.

Yoongi holding one of Jimin's arms behind him, while holding a sharp pocket knife to his neck. Jimin was still, tears beginning to pool in his eyes, but he quickly blinked them away.

In my peripheral vision, I could see Jin Hyung cover his open mouth with both of his hands. Jungkook sat with a horrified expression, looking back and forth from where Yoongi and Jimin were to Jin and Namjoon.

"Let me rephrase myself, it is a ludicrous thought to think I am the mafia." Yoongi spoke darkly, a tone of fear underlying his voice.

"Hyung..."