아홉

KIM NAMJOON, 1879.

CHAPTER: V

The Murderous Mage had them exactly where he wanted them. He had gone out of his way to ask his 'friends' those whose parents made them avoid him, to join him a friendly game he had created: Death & The Detective. The rules of the game was simple: It's either the detective found the killer, or death caught up with the players.

Park Jimin looked around those who sat around, or the ones that remained. He had called them to his humble house to celebrate the bakers, Kim Taehyung's birthday. Unfortunately, Taehyung was the first death. Listening in to the Detective's thoughts, the librarian Jung Hoseok met his end next. This stirred an argument between the players, and resulted in the death of Jeon Jungkook the Cobbler, and Min Yoongi the Bellmaker.

Breaching into the Detective's inner thoughts, the Mage created confusion within his mind, and made him choose his finally ruling as Detective; That Kim Seokjin was the Doctor was Death.

H O W  U N F O R T U N A T E

Revealing his red card from within the confines of his worn blazer, he could only smirk as the Detective's face paled at the realization. However, his face didn't remain white for long, it was painted a stark shade of red in a matter of seconds.

--

The date is now 1927, and they are back once again. Therefore, once more will Park Jimin take care of them.

FINAL.

.

.

.

Tales of the Murderous Mage ... 150

AUTHOR'S POV

Namjoon suffocated on the blood that spewed out his mouth, whimpering in pain as he held his hand against his chest. The table he had been violently thrown on was smashed into pieces underneath him.

He approached the limp body, holding a candelabrum to illuminate his face. Namjoon cringed at himself internally as he could feel his body instinctively draw into itself, terrified of the blood red eyes that seemed to be staring into his soul, the golden light of the candle seeming to only accentuate it's terrifying nature.

"D-Don't you--" He paused to cough out the blood that had been clotting against his lungs. "Don't you carry remorse for killing them? For..." He swallowed the growing knot in his throat. "For going to kill me..?"

"I've killed you in the past so many times..." Jimin started. He rummaged around in the pocket of his outdated slacks, and pulled out a red card from within. The Mafia card. "That killing you now means nothing to me anymore."

Placing down the candelabrum onto a dusty wooden table, Jimin jolted forward, his blacken claws aimed for his exposed neck. Rolling away moment before his neck was sliced open by his claws, Namjoon stood up, grabbing the only light source the room carries before stopping being his past selves old wooden desk.

"You cannot escape your death! You cannot K̸̡͓͔͔̠̳̰͔̞̹̒̎͗͑̓I̡̛͚̣̣̻̲̤̹͆̉͐͛Ļ̢̨̯̻̤̬͒̈͌̆̅͌̑̚̕͢͞L̶͉͉̭̟̹̋͗̓͛̾ M̵̱͙̫̹̲̀̃͑̓̄̚E̳̼̠̯̹̞̠̦̾̀̓̾̑̅̂͢͟͝"

Looking around the room to find anything that could help him, his eyes land on the original copy of Tales of the Murderous Mage. Swallowing down the rising fear and anxiety, he picked it up carefully, before slowly glancing at the bright light of the candle.

Seeming to sense what Namjoon was thinking, Jimin's angered voice rang through the quiet study. "Don't be stupid enough to believe harm to the book will in turn harm me."

However, the hidden desperation in his voice wasn't unnoticed by Namjoon.

Tightening his grip on the base of the candelabrum, he looked up once more, meeting crazed red eyes, pupils blown out. "If I created you, I have the power to end you." He spook before he collided the book and the flame of the candle together, watching with wide eyes as the book lit up.

An anguished shriek made him drop the burning book to the floor, looking up to see Jimin's body aflame, his red eyes filled with pure hatred being the only thing distinguishable to him.

Motionlessly, Namjoon watched on as the body slowly bent over itself, before becoming a small pile of smoking ashes. The rotten smell of burnt flesh alongside the toxins form the smoke made him see doubles, and it was only a matter of moments before Namjoon was taken over by it, feeling his body collided with the hard wooden floor, his eyes rolling back in their sockets.

CONGRATULATIONS DETECTIVE, YOU HAVE FOUND THE MAFIA.

THE END.  

|

A/N: Jimin & Namjoon's fight happens when they are still in the past. Hence the use of the candelabrum & Jimin's dated clothing. The past Namjoon is no longer present in the room either. Also, the detective technically won because he himself hasn't been killed by the Mafia (As stated in the rules in chapter '하나'

FINALLY: Thank you for reading Mafia! It was a joy for me to write, and I'm happy that we hit 1K reads just before the final chapter was released. One more chapter that contains explanations & clues as to who is the Mafia will be released soon.

THANK YOU.