Gossipers will Gossip

For my beautiful reader 😉
Show some support by giving stars and leaving comments .

Author's POV

"Anna ..Anna !" Somebody was calling her name and at the same time knocking at the door.
She was not fully recovered from her dream . Suddenly she got up, covering herself with scarf, not a single strand of her beautiful long hair was showing, unlocked her door and let the person standing outside enters in her room.
That was Mashal, her best friend.

Mashal and Anna were besties since their kindergarten and neighbours as well. Mashal and Anna were like soul sisters, they knew each other very well.

FLASHBACK ( Few minutes ago )

Mashal entered her besties house. She was one of the few outsider that were invited to Naila's wedding. She didn't come here for dholak but for her bestie Anna. There were many male gathered in the lawn. She entered the main hall, walked through the sea of people and headed towards the stairs that was leading to the first floor.
She knew Anna will not be downstairs so without saying hello to anyone she headed straight towards her room.

When she was at the last stair , her heart suddenly sunk, how different was the life on the either floors.
On the ground floor, there was music, beautiful lights hanging on the walls, people in beautiful dresses, chatting and laughing . But first floor, it was dark, lifeless and silent. She looked at the rows of rooms in front of her, all were closed like there was nobody in there. First room besides the stair was her bestie's room, how could she not know that, that room shared a lot of memories of them, of their childhood, of their youth.

Without any hesitation she knocked on its door, when after half minute of constant knocking there was no sound from inside then she began to call her name " Anna

Without any hesitation she knocked on its door, when after half minute of constant knocking there was no sound from inside then she began to call her name " Anna ... Anna !!" And began to knock harder after few seconds the door was opened and she saw her bestie with cold expressions while entering the room.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Anna stared at Mashal who entered her room and was about to sit on the bed.
"Anna I'm here for you and you have locked yourself up in your room. Aunty Freya called me and told me that you're not coming downstairs."
Without taking any pause, afraid of looking at her that she might caught some hint of her sadness she continued with courage, with a light smile on her face
"Let's go downstairs and enjoy the function. You know I love sweets and they were distributing sweets but I came straight here without taking any of it.
Now let's go and eat some."
Saying this she held her hand and dragged her towards the door.

She was afraid that she might not come so without giving her any chance to react she took her outside.
Anna was still recovering from what just happened, when she was already outside her room, her hand was in Mashal's grip.
Anna's lips slightly curled up. She loved her bestie,
Mashal.
For Anna, Mashal was like a light in the darkness, her therapist in fact they both were each others therapist.

She let her bestie dragged her along with her.
Mashal was now at ease, thinking about no reaction from Anna, it means she agreed to go with her. For Mashal, Anna was an angel. She was proud of Anna. She was an inspiration for Mashal and always looked forward to Anna in difficult time.

Soon they were both making their way through the sea of people. There they saw Freya serving dishes to the guests like always, Naila's mom wearing a fitted dress with no dupata chatting with different aunties, Naila was sitting on the stage like a princess wearing a beautiful pink gown, with slightly proud look on her face, listening to other girls gathered around her.
She could see nearly all females of her family, sitting, chatting and laughing.

Male members were all gathered in the lawn because musical functions are normally for females to enjoy

Male members were all gathered in the lawn because musical functions are normally for females to enjoy . Male members had their own way of enjoying themselves, like there was a musician outside playing dholak and entertaining them.

Mashal called Freya's mom loudly "Aunty Freya !! Anna is here."
All attention of the females was on Anna now. She cursed her bestie in her heart. Now she could hear the gossip going around her .

"Isn't that girl who was supposed to be married along with Naila."

"Yeah .. you are right. I heard there were two marriages that were supposed to be happen."

She could hear them all but acted like I didn't listen.

One of the neighbour aunty said " Don't you know Anna's marriage was cancelled."

Her heart dropped at their conversation.

Out of curiosity one of the women asked "Why ? Was there any fault with Anna?"

Other one said " Don't know since the time I know her she was a respectful child"

An other woman said "Sister don't you know? Girls are now on step ahead of boys, don't know what she did so that they cancelled her marriage."

Mashal was ashamed not because because of what people were saying but of herself. She cursed herself she should have not taken her to the function.
Her heart ached but she knew Anna's heart was aching more.

Why did they cancel her marriage that was the mystery to everyone.

****************************************

Q. Any Idea why her marriage was cancelled?

Q. What do you think about Mashal's personality?

Friends : Please leave comments and let me know your views 😊
And yeah : Follow me as well.
That's my first story, still struggling with choice of words.
Your positive comments will encourage me . And who knows in near future I'll be able to write down perfect stories . ( Though my English is not so good )

Show support: Give star and leave comments 🤗