Unexpected Turn

" My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."
                              Jim Valvano
Flashback ended

Now Naila is going to get married to Nasir.

Mashal's POV

I'm taking her away from this useless crowd. From these heartless people, who know nothing but to gossip and all.

My heart is aching. It's not her fault that her marriage was cancelled. She is the perfect girl in my eyes. I have never seen anyone this respectful towards elders. I'm holding her hand, my body is shivering with fear and embarrassment. I shouldn't have forced her to come downstairs.

I wish I can strangle them.

I never saw her crying until the day of her fathers death. I remember how she was broken and shattered. She was in denial. I could see but I didn't know what to do. I never thought I would see that day, the day when her all dreams and fantasies would turn into dust. I still remember the day when....

Flashback...

After the day of her father's death we came to know that he had a heart-attack, and the reason was really heart breaking.

Because Saad's parents cancelled the marriage, which was supposed to happen next year along with Naila's marriage.

I heard this from her uncle, but she didn't know it yet and we didn't know how to tell her. Because she was already grieving her fathers death, one more heartbreaking news could be dangerous for her condition. In one day, she turned into a different person who was difficult to approach. She didn't talk, eat and sleep.

She was just breathing, but all signs of life on her vanished. She turned into a living dead body.
We tried to talk to her but she didn't let anybody come closer. As her best friend I never let her be alone but those days were heavy like  a mountain. Even I couldn't muster up my courage to talk to her.

She shut herself in her fathers room and was not willing to come outside and time to time she visited her fathers grave. That time I let her be alone, I gave her space. She had all the reasons to be alone and to cry for days for her father.

A week passed like that her finals were starting in 5 days, her condition was same

A week passed like that her finals were starting in 5 days, her condition was same. She just prayed the whole day and spent time with her mom. Aunty freya used to tell her the stories related to her father. They became each other's pillar of courage. Their relationship changed a lot in a better way.

Before one day of final exams, I went to her and told her how her father wanted her to complete her degree. So, she should make her father proud. Then that day she studied hard until 5 am and only slept for 2 hours.

I studied with her and stayed at her place. I was happy that she had a goal in life, sometimes our goals gives us courage to go on in our life. They gives us hope and determination to use the days life in a better way.