A Drive to His House

I hear a thud and suddenly open my eyes, getting out of my dreamland. I feel something hard under my cheeks and a throbbing pain in my jaw. My face is covered with my hair. Removing some strands I move my eyes to know about my whereabouts. I'm still at grandma's room, sitting on the carpet, my face on the wooden easy chair of grandma, which is empty right now.

I'm a light sleeper but how can she disappears without me realising it. I yawn, putting my hand in front of my mouth, stand up from the ground, look towards her bed. She is looking at me with weak smile.

"Sorry, how could I sleep? You really have some super powers Grandma. How did you get up from the chair? How didn't I notice?," I pout and sit next to her.

"You always sleep like a baby when you're in my room," She smiles with satisfaction.

"Do you miss grandpa?" I don't know how these words slipped from my mouth.

"I miss him a lot. It feels like hell without him. I want to go to him but unfortunately we all have to complete out lifespan. We can't choose the time," She replies and I regret asking her.

"Stay here, with us, don't you love me?"

"I love you my child but without him, life is meaningless." And there was silence, a meaningful one.

"Do you need anything? If not, I'll take a leave." I enquire. I don't want to continue this topic.

"I don't need anything but Daniel came looking for you. He said you had to go somewhere."

OMG, I was without hijab.

"Did he see me? Like this?" I gesture towards my uncovered head.

"No, he is such a gentleman. He asked from the outside."

"Oh I see, they all were going to his newly built house and they offered me to come along. Anyway, I didn't want to go. It's good that they left without me." I greet her and leave the room.

When I'm about to shut the door to her room. I hear someone's steps behind me. I shut her door without making noise, turn back and there was Naila, pacing in the hall. Didn't they leave? She looks mad.

"I was waiting for you to come outside." She tells me.

"Why? Is everything okay?" I become worried.

"Nothing, Daniel cancelled his plan because of you. I really wanted to see his house," She pouts. "You have become very close to each other," She murmurs without having any accusation in her tone.

I leave her in her sad state and go back to my room. Fall on the bed, thinking about him. Wait, thinking about him? Who cares about him.

You care!

I avoid my inner voice, getting out of bed, I took my diary and started writing. I don't think that I'll be sharing this with anyone, except Mashal. After writing diary, I call Mashal. Now a days she is very worried about her cousin who teases her a lot. I told her may be he is interested in her but she doesn't want to think like that because she takes him as a playboy.

I hear a faint knock on my door, get up and adjust my scarf.

"Who?" I enquire.