Chapter 5

Changsub quietly opened the hotel room door to let the rest of the family inside. Minjoo who is bringing the  birthday cake with lighted candles was the first to step in.  Everybody followed and then gathered around Peniel who is still asleep in bed. 

     With Eunkwang's instruction, they all sang the Birthday Song in unison to Peniel.

   Peniel shot up from bed in alarm.  When he noticed that it is just his family, he calmed back down. But then, it dawned on him that they are singing a birthday song for him. He frowned . He does not like surprises.

     "It's okay! It's okay!" Sungjae knows what Peniel is feeling and is trying to console him. Changsub plopped down on the bed beside Peniel and rubbed his shaved head.

     "Stop!" Peniel warned Changsub in annoyance. He grabbed the bed sheets around him to cover himself since he sleeps naked.

     "Blow the candles, Donggeunnie." Minjoo smiled.

     Peniel moved forward so he could  blow the candles. Minjoo handed the cake to her husband. She hugged Peniel and gave him a kiss. "Now, all of you better prepare yourselves  then head down to the hotel's breakfast  buffet because we will be going to universal studios to celebrate Sikie's and Peuni's birthday there after we eat." she announced.

    "Hyung, since it is your birthday, I will get you your food." Sungjae volunteered. Peniel nodded his head, trusting Sungjae.  

     Changsub decided to follow Sungjae but kept his distance. He then saw his youngest brother insert wasabi inside Peniel's food. Changsub shook his head. Peniel could not take hot or spicy food.  He looked around him. There is a waiter standing by a counter near him. He approached him and asked if there is capsaicin spice available. The waiter handed him a bottle. 

     Changsub took three pieces of chicken and with a laugh added the spice to it then returned the bottle to the waiter.

     Sungjae returned to the table and kept a straight face. He then handed the plateful of food to his brother.

      Peniel accepted it gratefully and without  wasting a second he got a mouthful of sesame crusted chicken which is filled with hidden wasabi inside. Before, he could swallow it, a burning sensation filled his mouth. He hurriedly grabbed a table napkin and spit the food out.

     Ilhoon handed a glass of milk to Peniel. Earlier, he have also seen what Sungjae was planning to do and took a glass of milk just in case. "Here, Hyung! This would make it better."

    Changsub  then decided to take his turn. He handed a piece of chicken each to Hyunsik, Ilhoon and Sungjae. "Let's eat."

     "Wait!" Ilhoon eyed Changsub. "Why did you not give one to Peuni Hyung?" He asked suspiciously. "And what about you?"

     "We need to go on a diet." Changsub answered simply. "Now eat up, you dorks!"

     Hyunsik took a big bite of chicken as well as Sungjae. Ilhoon did not move an inch and  waited for Hyunsik and Sungjae's reaction. They seemed to be okay. 

     "What?!  Are you going to wait for Eomma to feed you?" Changsub said to Ilhoon.

     With a frown, Ilhoon took a big bite of the chicken. Hhmmmm! This actually tastes good!  Ilhoon took another big bite and happily chewed on it. Sungjae who is seated across from him hiccuped. Ilhoon stared at his youngest brother. Sungjae hiccuped again. Then Ilhoon froze.  He felt his mouth burning. His eyes started to water.  He looked up at the ceiling with his mouth opened wide to prevent himself from crying. Sungjae hiccuped again.  Changsub could not help but laugh.

  Changsub could not help but laugh

     "Kids!" Eunkwang warned. "Stop playing with your food. You eat it. Not play with it!" he scolded them, glaring at each boy.

     Peniel handed the glass of milk back to Ilhoon who spatted out the chicken in a table napkin.

     "Here! Here!"  Minjoo who is seated beside Ilhoon gathered him in her arms and wipe his watery eyes. 

    After they ate, they immediately headed to USJ wherein they first tried the Forbidden Journey of Harry Potter World.

     When they got off, Changsub turned to Peniel, "Dongseng, dare me to do anything."

     Peniel thought for a few seconds then went to their Eomma to ask for her lipstick.  He returned to Changsub , "Let's go on the Flying Dinosaur."

     Changsub did not understand at first. But when he saw the ride, he finally knew. He is scared of heights. As each brother took their places, Peniel  instructed Changsub to apply some lipstick during the ride. Eunkwang and Minjoo waited for them near the exit of the ride.

    After the ride was over, Eunkwang and Minjoo met them halfway. Minjoo tried to contain her laughters when she  sees Changsub's face. 

     "I can see your face from a distance smeared with lipstick." she tried to look serious. She turned to Peniel, "And what am i to do with my lipstick now? I can't use this anymore." Peniel looked down  and could not answer his mother since Changsub has broken Minjoo's lipstick.

     "Don't be upset, Honey. I'll buy you a new one." Eunkwang cheered her up.

     "You look weird, Hyung. " Sungjae said from behind to Changsub.

     "Well, you look ugly." Changsub said to Sungjae.

     "No! Hyung is uglier!" Sungjae answered back.

      "You are uglier!" Changsub insisted.

      "I hear that I am better looking often." Sungjae exclaimed.

      "Me, too!" Changsub announced.

      "But I am much better looking than you." Sungjae protested.

      "Oh, yeah?" Changsub asked.

      "Yeah! You wanna ask my Eomma?" Sungjae took hold of Minjoo's arm who is all the while listening to their bickering.

     Changsub looked down and gave a big sigh. "My Eomma would probably agree too."

     Minjoo stopped and got some tissues from her handbag. She gently wiped Changsub's face to clean it off her lipstick. "You are all equally handsome."  she said proudly to her sons.

"  she said proudly to her sons