-1-

LA was a place where dreams came true for some people and for others their dreams were crushed under the sun. dreams are weird things, you don't know what yours really is until it's come true. the train station in your brain maybe had what you've been waiting for as a passenger but it wasn't the right time. that's the kind of dream park jimin had.

he lived in LA, running his own tattoo parlour while running from his parents. he wasn't alone physically however, he had two very close friends working beside him daily helping keep their tattooed dreams floating.

the morning air, thin and crisp helps jimin to think. he clears his head when he's alone, seven in the morning with soft tunes somewhere in the distance. the parlours lights dull, only the suns sharp rays hitting the glass and brightening the floor. dust travels within the light rays, slow rhythmic movements. he finds this moment in time somewhat like a parallel universe, one he's not in, he just observes watching how peaceful everyone is and how quiet their lives are. with no one around to disturb the idealistic world he has in his head, he sits to think and draw.

drawing to him is like a super power, he has his hand and a pen. that's all. and that's all he needs to create magic, his imagination is the limit but with each breath he takes his mind grows and so too do his limits. he can make a person with his hand, a person that attaches to another's skin and stays with them permanently. a simple line can turn into a piece of body art with a simple change of prospective. a line could become an achievement, a way to commemorate a leap in life. or it could be you, you are the line. picking up a pen and placing it on paper, letting them ink run freely is like letting his thoughts and stresses free.

a tattoo artist makes memories on skin. they have so much power in their hands to create what people envision. something they love, they love so much that they want it somewhere on their skin forever.

park jimin treasures his line of work.

lost in a world of deep lines but snapped awake by a door closing.

"you're here early," kim namjoon says, he's a college friend and employee. he shrugs his coat off, eyes trained on jimin as he flicks the pen down. with a gruff, jimin stands to stretch his limbs.

"um. yeah, my parents called," jimin shrugs, picking his sketch book up. wanting the displeased eyes of namjoon to leave his back.

"you want to talk about it?" namjoon asks, offering a kind smile. he diverts his attention off of jimin and onto logging into the computer and such small business details.

jimin was a closed off type of person, never choosing to open up by himself. it took strength and patience to get jimin to let go of his tough guy exterior. namjoon feels pretty confident with his method when it comes to feelings and such, especially with jimin. they'll talk casually, with very little contact, each does their own thing while jimin has time to get whats on his mind, off.

jimin knows it's better to be honest with namjoon, lying only breaks bonds. "they, uh- found me a suitable girl back in korea," he says with a lack of optimism. jimins parents have never been too fond of his sexuality, seeing it as something to be devastated with not proud of.

"ah," namjoon goes awkward. finding the right words to comfort jimin was always tricky. some advice sets him off further. with it being early morning and the shop not open yet, staying silent was the safest option. jimin would tire himself out with his own inter turmoil.

"it took me so long, namjoon. so so so long to accept myself and now i just feel like the biggest disappointment." there's defeat lingering in his voice, below the surface. jimin sterilises the tattoo instruments with tired arms. he looks defeated too.

namjoon has an alarmed look on his face, treading on his words instead of water.

jimin sighs to fill the silence, "maybe, i should just give them what they want. stop living for myself and live for them instead," the dust dancing in the windows beaming sunlight has disappeared leaving jimin stuck in this world full of discomfort towards who he is.

"jimin..." namjoon voice sounds of sorrow, a helpless cry. "you can't do that... you'd never forgive yourself," he takes a step closer to jimin, but back tracks. talking was enough, physical comfort wasn't needed.

"what else am i supposed to do? i-i can't live with this deep feeling of disappointment from them, i hear it in their voices when they call." the deafening defeat turns into defence, he's closed up his boxes walls. the black and white thinking filter placed over his eyes. it's either his parents approval or constant disappointment.

namjoons fingers click the mouse several times over, eyes flicking over the screen. he scowls, grumbling slightly as he turns to jimin with sympathetic eyes, "i'm sorry to have burst your bubble the first time but you have an appointment soon," namjoon says, "i could take the client if you want?"

jimin looks up with a hint of relief, "could you?"

namjoon nods, smiling, "of course," he nods. namjoon makes his way over to his tattoo station, he pats jimins shoulder in a way of comfort and support on the way. he begins to prepare his work station for the client.

"maybe you haven't met the right person yet, maybe you'll meet someone and think, ah! i'm so glad i ignored my parents and fell in love!" namjoon jokes, pulling the black gloves over his knuckles.

jimin smiles softly at that, the joke sounding so sweet. that's when the train passes through his head. did the train stop?

like he himself was the creator of time, a petite person walks through the parlours main door, right on time for his 8 am appointment.

he's small, with hands covered by a oversized hoodie and his hair soft mint. the door shut with a small force and the petite person turned around.

he was like one of jimins drawings, magical. he looked like a fallen angel with skin like glass and a button nose that looks too delicate to touch. but his eyes were the real breath stealer, they were deep brown and shy. cat like. so many emotions were held. so many things to unpack. jimin was so sure he had walked out of his made up universe, too beautiful for this world. too pretty to be damaged.

jimin takes off towards namjoon, steps quickening as he gets closer, "uh- joon," he says, breathless, "can i take this one?"

hopefully in more ways than one.

-

hello 🥺 recently this book reached 300k reads. so, i've decided to update this book chapter by chapter to my current writing style, i've seen myself improve over the books i've worked on and i want to make this a book i can be proud of again.
thank you so so so much to everyone who's read this book past and present, i wouldn't be writing still if it wasn't for all your support. ❤️

- emily.
i hope you enjoy reading this book, if it's your first time or if you're coming back i hope it brings you joy.