-5-

his hands fumble with his phone as soon as the ping sounded. an unknown number flashing back at him. completely on edge and with his heart beating in his ears, fear clouds his mind like a horizon in the winter.
each cloud filled with thoughts of fear and dread, single droplets of 'what if's...' and 'danger...' collecting higher and higher.
but he takes a deep breath. after all this time he can do this.
each exhale of air makes the clouds clear. although frightened he took the first leap by giving out his number and even as the situation is now currently out of control he can take the reins again.

deep down he wants to do this - not even that deep either ! buried under the safety pile of danger lies a want to risk it all. a want to reply and potentially make a new friend. a want to change his life course himself, control his own fate.

"this is so stupid..." he mutters to himself, a spiral of thoughts sending his own body into a cringe attack. he shakes his head. "stupid... but necessary," he sighs, throwing himself back against his bed. he can't deny the quake in his hand though, the tips of his fingers going icy cold and shivering.

he's too amped up with adrenaline as protection but with such irritability that it causes a forceful text to almost be sent until a drop of 'STOP' mixes in his veins.

he sends it anyway. through a beating heart that sends him into a dizzy spell. he drops his phone as his hands come to cover his face.

-

1——1——0: hi! this is jimin.
i was tattooing you... incase you forgot

you: hi !! (^^) ... uhm, i'm yoongi!!

now all he can do is wait. an agonisingly sharp prick of time that lingers too long like a nettle stuck in the pad of your finger. so painfully obvious but even more so the longer you think about it the more prominent it becomes. the passing of time stings like this. he feels it's been hours then seconds, unsure how to differentiate the difference.

it's been two minutes. seen one minute ago.

but for yoongi it's like repunzel waiting in her tower. or sleeping beauty being asleep for 100 years.

pING !! ~~

he shot right up almost falling back over again.

——

jimin 🐥: hah !! yes, i remember :)

——

the cringe is back. a full body shiver.

-
you: ah! yay!! i'm so sorry if giving you my number was too forward. i'm normally not like that really ://

jimin 🐥: oh ! don't worry about it. i found it quite sweet actually:))
though it did cause a fight.

———

heat lights his face gently, he draws a lip in and bites. for now, he chooses to ignore such words and focuses on the prominent 'fight' word.
———

you: a fight?!?! about what ? is everyone okay pls tell me what happened !!

jimin 🐥: oh no !! everyone is fine !! just my friends are dramatic. surprised i got someone's number.

you: surprised? why?

——
he's somewhat taken aback, jimin is hot. like wow, how could people not ask for his number.
——

jimin🐥: i'm not the friendliest...

you: u are lying to me now >:(
what do you mean !! you are so nice...

jimin 🐥 : it makes me smile knowing that you think that, thanks.
but when i work i'm quite serious and sometimes tend to drive new people away.

——
although yoongi pretends not to swoon over jimins words he does feel a flutter of butterfly wings hinting in his tummy. such small words of friendly affection and yoongis already almost fallen. which is dangerous. however, it's endearing the way jimin works. apparently seriously. with yoongi he was so kind and careful... soft and sweet. somewhat like a marshmallow or cotton candy. like falling on a fluffy pillow made of sugar.
——

you: oh, interesting !! it's good to know you are passionate about what you do :D !! but for the next costumer give them a compliment and brighten their day ! also smile:))

jimin🐥: thanks yoongi, speaking of. next customer is here now. i'll text later ?

you: ah !! okay, yes i'd like that !! bye byeee

-

yoongi liked the idea of waiting for a guy to 'text him later'.
later gave him plenty of time to get the anxious thoughts out from swarming his head.

for now all he wanted to do was sleep. drift away and forget about feelings. with new beginnings come untied ends. scraping their way behind every step yoongi takes.

the subtle sound of keys in the door sends him upright.

"it's your brother... calm down," he tells himself, tiredly slipping off of his bed out of his room.

once in the living room he sees his brother in the kitchen and smiles widely. so much has happened.

"hobi!!" he yells happily, shoulders falling softly as he hugs his older brother tightly. a human safe haven.

he's pulled back away from the warmth, met with a face of eager excitement, "so?! did you do it?"
hoseok is almost more excited that yoongi is.

yoongi giggles happily, a bright grin on his face, "i did, look!" he holds his arm straight out for hobi to get a good look at the cling filmed-wrapped tattoo, beautiful line work below it with splotchy patches of red surrounding it. hoseok gently takes the arm, asking before with a look, he brings it closer to his own face; amazed by the permanent artwork. yoongi smiles as he watches his brother, warmth wrapping his heart so kindly, a feeling of flying freely.

"it's beautiful..." hoseok remarks, eyes still tracing the design. twisting and turning yoongis arm.

"it really is," he speaks again, somewhat of a whisper.

"um.. i also, maybe made a friend today too!" yoongi speaks once hoseok has dropped his arm again and he looks somewhat speechless.

"it's the tattoo artist!" he explains with an apprehensive smile. almost worried about his brother stunned reaction. yoongi knows his brother loves him but even then reactions are terrifying. he can't tell what anyone is thinking and he's learned that.

"i'm so proud of you yoongi, so truly proud. today must've been such a challenge but you did it, you pushed through and you've come out the other side!" he laughs softly yet tears almost bubble. something a little deeper than 'just a tattoo'.

it hits deeper than just a tattoo.

-
just saw Burn The Stage, it was amazing!~

lolol i was so lazy trying to edit this, this must have made no sense for a few days
[finally fully edited: 08/01/2021]