the girl and the skyline

Sean POV
I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel. The music playing in the background and light from the sun slowly peaking its way above the horizon. It was about 1:00 am and sitting next to me is a girl who I met a few days ago. If it was anyone else I would have never agreed to this life-threatening plan. But with her, she's different. She was a girl with an independent spirit and a nose for trouble but a loveable person. "You know your not like any girls I have come across of. Your different and spontaneous and I'm very intrigued." I said, glancing at her a few times taking in her aroma.
Her hair was as waves of pure earth, softly reflecting the light of other buildings; each strand moving freely in the breeze, a compliment to her stillness. With eyes of river waters, in glossy serenity, her aura seeped into the autumn air between us. And at that moment, in that fraction of time, her smile was like a rainbow after a storm, and I knew that she could really show me how to live life.
"Well, Sean not all girls only care about their looks and what shoe would match their dress." The way she said my name. It twisted around swirling into a piece of music replaying in my head over and over again. "So where are we actually going?" I said with a hint of curiosity. "We are going to an abandoned building." "Please don't tell me your one of those people who believe in ghost shit." Kaycee erupted in a fit of laughter. "No surprisingly not." "Okay, so why are we going?" "You'll see." and with that, the car filled up with comfortable quietness.

As I the GPS said, destination on my right, I started to look at my surroundings. The town was what a village becomes with no city planning and a great enthusiasm for architecture. Every building was different, borrowing this and that from another era. It made the place as glorious as a beloved grandmother's quilt, ever patch unique and as eye-catching as the one before. Lights beamed from one building to the next. Everything had character. It was astonishing. "This place is beautiful." I slowly got out the car turning around trying to absorb every detail I could possibly see. It was like reading a book. It grasps your attention in a matter of seconds. It was so isolated. I doubt many people know this even exist. It makes you wonder how something so beautiful is hidden from the world. It like finding a needle in a hay. It was hard but worth it.

"Hey about the kiss.." Kaycee started gaining my attention. "I liked it... a lot actually but I want to really get to know you and understand you and listen into your perspective and interpretation in life. I hope you understand." Her head slung low as her eyes became dull. I took my hand and gently placed it underneath her chin so she could meet my eyes. "I understand you I want to get to know you. You're like an unsolved mystery I want to figure out. You are a puzzle and I want to find the missing piece." Kaycee chuckled and a rush of pink dashed upon her soft radiant cheeks. "You are so cliche." She said slapping her hand on my arm." "Ok let go to the abandoned building."

She dragged me along the sidewalk that was unevenly placed down on the ground causing me to trip here and there. How was I this lucky to find a girl who was just as interested in the world as I was. Who looked between the crevices wanting to know more. She looks within for value however unlike other people she looks beyond viewpoint.

Before I knew it I standing in front of a rusty brown door. I felt fingers interlock with mine and I looked up and saw those familiar calming brown eyes with specks of green. She turned around and pushed the door in front of her. Leading to a mystery.

I stared at our hands. They fit so perfectly like we have known each other for years. She ran upstairs me following shortly after. She opened many doors and turned into many hallways it's like she knew it by heart. She turned around and stopped right in front of the last door. She had a beaming smile that could light up a whole room. "Get ready to be amazed." She slowly turned the doorknob and I was stunned. There was a white welcoming bed as the centerpiece and a white fluffy rug. A tv in the back and a clean and functional kitchen. There were strings of lights going all over the huge room. The floor was covered with gray wooden panels. It was very modern looking compared to the outside of the building. The room has huge glass windows outlining the structure of the building perfectly. You could see the skyline from up here. Lights glittered everywhere just liked stars dropping to the earth, huge and small buildings collided in a mixture of shadow and geometry, creating a masterpiece. Tiny vehicles rushing along tangled lines of streets creating twisting threads of light - they all intertwined together in a magnificent mess of dream. A breathtaking, marvelous, almost frightening dream. "It's so beautiful isn't it," I asked looking at her eyes. "Its just small people in many small places, that are doing small things, that can alter the face of the world." She took a deep breath and continued. "Beautiful sure but isn't it just crazy how one person can affect some many other things. Like, look at that building over there. It didn't always look like that. It was a small pizza place that had its own little character. I used to go there every day. That was until it got shut down by a big name brand and that happened with most of these businesses that were once here. We are losing the history of what was once here before. So yes it's quite beautiful even breathtaking but when you really look into it... it's just a beautiful mess that no one has outspoken about." I was left shocked. I never realized what the world had truly become until now. "That's one of the reasons why I love coming here. Like what you saw early. The authenticity was unreal. It was like a story that had been hadn't been told. It made you feel something. It made you want something. It made you feel like your at home. It made you want to believe. Believe that the world would see all the destruction it was causing. But again, we are just small people in many small places that are doing small things." I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything at all. I turned back to the window. how was something so astonishing and alluring be so dark and depressing on the when you really look into the details.
    ✌︎

I was standing behind a beautiful girl looking at the beautiful skyline. How did I get this lucky? It seems too good to be true and probably is. The devil doesn't come to you with a red face and horns. He comes to you disguised as everything you've ever wanted.

We watched the streaks of lights on the familiar streets. The sun slowly rising and enjoying each other presence. Sleep soon took over as her head laid carelessly on my chest as snuggle into the warmth that the bed was providing.

☼ next morning ☼

I woke up to a brown mop of hair covering my eyes and a refreshing smell of vanilla. I relaxed when I realized it was just Kaycee. I decided to ponder on whats happened recently. One, because I don't want to wake Kaycee up by getting out bed. Two, I honestly need to understand what I'm doing. Correction, what she's doing to me. Three, this bed is really comfortable.

I've been to open with her. To a person, I just met. Basically a stranger. I feel like I could tell her everything. That's the problem. She has too much control over me. I feel like she can see right through me. It doesn't matter how many walls I put up all she has to do is look into my eyes and I crack. I try to keep a guard up for a reason. I'm not bitter or broken. Or had experienced a heartbreak. I'm just cautious with my heart and I believe I have every right to be. Because I refuse to give my love so freely to just anyone. I would be basically asking for it. My thoughts, however, was soon interrupted by a sniffle coming from the petite lady next to me. As I decided to keep true to my belief I got up and tried to keep my distance. She was like a magnet I swear.

I headed to the kitchen and decided to make a quick breakfast for Kaycee and I. I made my homemade pancakes and quickly freshened up in the bathroom. I wrote a small note and placed it on Kaycee's side table.

Sorry that I left unannounced I just couldn't force myself to wake you up. I loved yesterday it was truly an eye-opener. I hope we can do it again one day. - sean lew

I left the building with a small smile. Something felt off though. It felt empty. Sitting in the car by myself, which I have done about a million times felt lonelier than usual. It felt dreadful actually. It was like the silence was suffocating me. I stopped the car realizing I was letting my conscious drive it. I looked up and realize I was right back at the coffee shop.

The place where I met Kaycee Rice.

How coincidental.

✌︎

So I hoped you like it. Sean's about to turn 17 I honestly can't even believe it. He used to be a a little cute bean now he is just a older version of a cute bean ☺︎
(If you like BTS go read my friend's lavish_dimples new book and give her some love)

✌︎