i

Lisa

" 5 more minutes "

I can't hold back the excitement I felt. 5 minutes till Jennie's birthday. I wanted to be the person who'll greet her first in her 20th birthday. I prepared an audio of me singing  to her and I hope this time, she wouldn't ignore it.

My phone vibrated signalling it's already 12. Sweats forming to my forehead as I tried to dial her number. My air conditioned room couldn't help me out in situations like this.

First attempt was a failure.
The second follows till my fifth.

Thinking Jennie might be in a deep slumber, I decided call for the last time and hopefully, my luck won't fail.

"Hello?"

The sound was a deep raspy voice making me a lil in panic. It wasn't Jennie. I'm sure of it. Since Jennie would greet me in a tone of annoyance and believe me, she wouldn't answer 'hello' to my calls.

Her greetings would always start up with 'what you want?' Or a deep sigh indicating I am disturbing her. But this time, I'm sure I am a little bit troubled.

"U-unnie"

My voice was shaky like i swallowed an entire ice cube. It's making me more tense the way I heard her sigh on the other line. Feels like, she's expecting an intruder at this hour.

"She's sleeping in Jisoo's house."
Although, I hadn't said my full intention for calling, she knew already what's I'm up for. And it's always be Jennie Kim.

Her voice has a hint of annoyance the way she mentioned Jisoo's name making me feel the uneasiness from where I sat.

"Ahh, it's okay. Sorry for disturbing unnie." She hummed after a second and I couldn't compose any more words to say. Coz to be honest, Jennie's older sister is scary as heck.

"I'll hang up unnie. Goodnight and sweet dreams." I couldn't compose any more words to say, so tragically, I ended the conversation just like that. The usual.

"G'night."

Seems my plans didn't worked out. And my luck wasn't on my side for today.

I don't know why, but I always had this huge crush on Jennie Kim. It wasn't a secret at all. Even my friends knows about it, including Jennie herself.

That maybe it's the reason why she's too mean to me. She's a year older and currently a second year college student.

My feelings started when we're still in middle school. She's on 11th grade while I'm on 10th grade. 

Chaeyoung, my best friend and I was a hoe hoe over Joy.- one of Jennie's closest friend. I didn't noticed Jennie that time, coz my attention was helping Chaeyoung to be noticed by Joy and so the most memorable day happened where I was captured in a snap by Jennie's eye.

She's that bitch that sent me in detention for a week straight that my parents grounded me for a month. It was Chaeyoung's idea that I should lock her and Joy on a spare basement of the school so she'll have a time to talk to her.

I only followed her plans and when it happened, just a 5 minutes later, Jennie stormed in crushing the little moment of the two. And of course, I was the mere suspect of it. Chaeyoung could only say sorry.