one

mingyu didn't like being pitied. so what if his mixtape was incomplete after three years? he didn't want any sympathy. so what if he worked part time and hardly made a few thousand won? he didn't need anyone's discouraging words of "i can pay for you" at any store or restaurant.

  mingyu also didn't need those offers to live at their place. he could find his own apartment... hopefully. he saved for a long time, from his birthdays and sneaky snatches from his sister's allowance. he was ready, oh so ready to be independent.

  that wonderful came upon him however, a small apartment building on the outskirts of seoul with a rent of 250,000 won. the walls seemed thin, but the amenities were so tempting.

  his first day at his new home consisted of sitting on the floor with boxes strewn around him and a good handful of chips in his mouth every few seconds.

  mingyu watched the sun set behind the towering building as he finished fixing his sheets to his new mattress. his first night; a piece of cake.

  he watched some weird american shows on his phone before it became dark, and he decided to get some rest before he got too excited about his show. it was only 9, but mingyu figured even if he couldn't fall asleep he would have an excuse not to answer any calls.

  one minute passed, and he heard loud blaring music from somewhere in the next apartment. mingyu didn't really mind, it was a saturday afterall, a party night. it was when he heard a lot of thumping noises that he got suspicious.

  he flipped over in bed and pressed the pillow to his ears.

  thump thump thump thump thump-

  he sighed angrily and walked to his desk and pressed some tissues into his ears. the sound seemed to stop. he walked back into bed and flipped the blankets over his long limbs.

thump thump thump thump thump-

  he was getting just a little impatient now. his eyes wandered to the headphones still in one of the many moving boxes. 'noise cancelling' they read.

  if these don't fucking work for this i'm splitting someone's wig tonight, mingyu scorned in his head.

  he laid down once more covering his head with his blankets and holding his headphones close to his ears.

  thump thump thump thump thump-

mingyu wanted to fucking scream, so he did.

  "would you like to stop fucking so loud?!" he slammed his fists into the wall.

silence

  mingyu waited a few more minutes.

  silence

"thank fuck," he threw himself on the bed again and closed his eyes.

  thump thump thump thump thump-

  mingyu literally growled.

  he smothered his face into the pillow in frustration before pushing himself up and stomping down the hall and out the door. he turned to his right where the sound came from and pounded on the door.

  the sound stopped again, and there was alot of shuffling.

  "please wear clothes when you open the door," he teased. but that didn't mean he wasn't joking.

  the locks clicked and mingyu straightened his posture and stuck out his chest. he was ready to scare someone.

  and then the door opened.

  and there he was, sweaty and panting, wearing shorts and a baggy sleeveless shirt.

  and he looked at mingyu through his little eyes splayed with black locks of hair.

  mingyu's neighbor, whose name he has yet to learn, left him fucking speechless.

  cute cute cute cute hot-

  "hello?"

  mingyu blinked and realized he was being talked to. he remembered why he was there and crossed his arms, "oh yes, um, please keep the noise down. i get that you might be having fun but-"

  "sorry."

  the taller froze at the sad sound. his neighbor pouted and rubbed at his arm.

  "i don't mean to be loud i just need to practice because i really-"

  "you need to practice fucking someone?"he interrupted.

  the sweaty little man twisted his face in disgusted , "i'm not fucking anyone you freak."

 mingyu stiffened slightly, confused and embarrassed. what was he doing that made all that noise? and made him sweat and pant rapidly?

  "i was dancing you pervert."

  mingyu felt slightly offended, but glad that his curiosity had been satisfied. 

  "you can dance in these tiny ass apartments?"

  "you'd be surprised. i don't have alot of furniture anyways, but that's on purpose."

  the taller peeked inside and saw clean floors and some mirrors on the wall, "where did that sound come from?"

  mingyu's neighbor smiled, "it's the sound of my shoes on the floor. because i'm dancing. i'm a dancer."

  "i'm a rapper."

  the shorter laughed just a little, "hello mr.rapper, i'm mr.dancer."

  they laughed simultaneously and mingyu seriously thought it was the most wonderful sound he had ever heard. 

  "i'm soonyoung, " mr.dancer held out his hand to mingyu.

  "mingyu. sorry about being nasty earlier i just- i'm really tired and i'm trying to sleep."

  soonyoung smiled brightly, "it's okay i was just joking mingyu!"

  damn, his name coming out of soonyoung's mouth was so, so nice to mingyu's ears.

  "i'll stop my practicing and let you sleep okay?"

  mingyu felt the guilt crawl into his chest, "no! its okay! please keep dancing! i'm sure it's amazing with all that sound you're making!"

  soonyoung smiled again, that little eye smile that was killing mingyu with every second, "it's alright. i can finish tomorrow. goodnight mr.rappy pants."

    mingyu blushed-alot- and smiled faintly, "goodnight mr.dancey pants."

  they stared at each other for a while, brown eyes meeting brown eyes, until soonyoung closed the door and locked it. mingyu didn't move for a while, his heart still racing from the contact with his new super cute and hot neighbor. 

  he walked back inside his apartment next door and slowly closed the door. he trekked back into his room and fell face first into his mattress and sighed loudly. he rolled over and wrapped himself in his sheets.

   mingyu probably had a crush. just a little one. maybe. he just liked soonyoung alot. was that a crush? was that love at first sight? no way, just a crush. a little crush. just a little one.

  mingyu fell asleep soon, a certain smiley brunette in his dreams.