twelve

mingyu hated to call it a dream, all a fantasy, but what else could he call it? again he found himself laid in bed with soonyoung. how it happened was both embarrasing and exhilarating. his heart and brain went crazy at the memories.

   soonyoung began to wake up at mingyu's movements, feeling an arm snake around him tightly. he smiled into mingyu's shirt and gripped it hard.

  "you're up?"

  "barely," he replied with a yawn.

  mingyu laughed at his answer, holding him tighter with both arms, "can you walk?"

  he scoffed, "of course," he began to sit up when he felt how sore his hips and thighs had become. he strained his muscles in an attempt to stretch but instead ended up wincing and falling back into bed.

  the taller laughed again, "i guess that's a no."

  soonyoung glared at him and pouted, "whatever. it's your fault!"

  mingyu smirked, wiggling his brows suggestively, "i know," he stood up and stretched as well, feeling a bit sore as well, but walked it off.

  "i'll bring you breakfast, just stay here okay?"

  soonyoung nodded, pulling the covers up to his face and snuggling back into the pillows, "hurry up."

  mingyu cooed at the cuteness, but continued walking out to prepare their meal. soonyoung sighed out a heavy breath. he rubbed his eyes, halfway in disbelief this was happening. he wiggles his hips again, feeling his muscles tense. he definetly was not going to dance for a while.

  he began to feel a bit self-conscious and nervous about the whole situation. maybe he was just overthinking, but his head kept spinning into overdrive. was he just rebounding? was this the right thing to do? is he really this easy that he would sleep with someone he barely knew?

  soonyoung banged his head against the pillows. curse his heart for getting him here! even though he worried, he couldn't help but be glad he was here. mingyu was so good to him, so gentle and caring, putting soonyoung before himself.

  he was pulled from his thoughts when he heard mingyu's footsteps down the hall. the taller carried a tray in both his hands, full with soups and rice and all the sides.

  "hope i didn't keep you waiting," mingyu whispered through a small smile, sitting back on the bed.

  soonyoung smiled back, glad that mingyu was here to distract him from his thoughts, "don't worry about it. it wasn't long."

  the tray was placed along their laps as best as mingyu could. he began serving himself and stared waiting for soonyoung to begin eating.

   "you okay? are you feeling sick or something?"

  soonyoung nodded a no, "just sleepy," he said, but in reality he was overthinking again. he watched mingyu eat, and suddenly he was feeling so comfortable. he felt like he belonged there next to mingyu, even if his head lead him to believe he didn't

   they finished eating soon after, mingyu left to wash the dishes while soonyoung stayed in bed a bit longer. it was so domestic and sweet that if they stayed together one more minute cavities would have formed in their teeth.

  mingyu was enjoying himself a little too much for someone who was cooking and cleaning at 9 a.m. it was usually such a chore, but he felt so much more fulfilled that he was doing it for soonyoung. he dried the dishes and went to shower.

  the warm water soothed his muscles and relaxed him. he started to think as he washed himself. he was so happy to be with soonyoung, and hoped he felt the same towards mingyu.

  a small part of him wondered if soonyoung would ever be in a relationship with him. he was optimistic after remembering what had happened throughout his time with soonyoung.

  mingyu was his "boyfriend" to make jihoon jealous, soonyoung kissed him, they practically confessed to each other, and they slept together last night! it all lead him to the conclusion that they were in mutual feelings, , , hopefully. only in the deepest parts of his brain did he worry that soonyoung was just rebounding with him, just needed some affection after being dumped by jihoon.

  he brushed it off and left the shower. he dried himself off, staring into his own eyes in the fogged mirror. you can ask him, you can do it, no more hesitating.

  when he returned to his room soonyoung was sitting up in bed seemingly watching something on his phone. he cleared his throat, and soonyoung immediately turned to face him and smiled.

  "hey," mingyu finally spoke, "when are you going back?"

  soonyoung furrowed his brows, "are you trying get rid of me already?" he asked in his sarcastic tone.

  mingyu laughed, walking over to stand in front of soonyoung, "just wanna know so maybe we can do something later."

  soonyoung nodded, "yea that'll be cool," he began to move over and leave the bed, sitting on the edge now slightly used to the soreness, "what did you wanna do?"

  mingyu looked up in thought, ruffling his hair with his towel, "i don't really know. i just wanna spend more time with you."

  soonyoung's cheeks blushed pink, "me too," it came out as an airy whisper, barely registering in mingyu's ears.

  the shorter man stood up fully, groaning as his legs wobbled a bit. he grabbed the towel from mingyu's head, "i'll go shower then."

  he was abruptly stopped by mingyu's hand holding onto his wrist. he turned around to be met with mingyu's eyes staring hard.

  "mingyu? what's the matter?"

   "i- well i, uh, i have something to ask you."

  soonyoung turned worried, watching and waiting, "w-what is it?"

  mingyu held onto his hand tightly, "soonyoung, , , please be my boyfriend."

  soonyoung's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. all the color drained from his face and whatever braveness he had just dissipated. he thought about everything that ran through his head that whole morning. all that worry and anxiety bubbling inside.

  he gripped onto mingyu's hand in turn, sucking in a deep breath and staring into the taller's eyes. and just as quickly as he held his hand he let it go.

  "i can't. i just-" he sighed again. all the words stuck in his throat, "sorry."

  he walked out the room, leaving a broken hearted mingyu alone. he was in shock, staring into the hall and hearing the door open and close shut. he threw himself on the bed, close to tears at this point.

  "why soonyoung? why, , , "