nine

this was a date. mingyu still couldn't believe it. they were talking, laughing, making eye contact as if it was completely normal! his chest warmed every time soonyoung smiled; glad that he was the one to trigger the reaction. it felt like the world has froze in place, and they were the only ones in the café. of course, they had to leave, if they had stayed any longer they might have gotten kicked out. even so, the ride home was so relaxed, so free and casual, mingyu almost wished they never made it back.

it was raining again, and something about the water drops on soonyoung's hair as they ran inside made him feel nostalgic. it felt so natural to hold soonyoung and admire him as much as he wanted. it's not like soonyoung minded either he was enjoying the feeling of mingyu's arm on him, the sweet yet intimate closeness making him feel fuzzy.

they arrived back upstairs, mingyu removing his soaked sleeve from soonyoung's side and looking down slightly to watch the smaller shake the remaining water out of his hair. he smiled and waited patiently until soonyoung looked back up to make eye contact with him.

"what's the matter?"

mingyu laughed at the question, "just waiting."

"for what?" soonyoung tilted his head with a smirk, "do you want something?"

he smiled, "a goodbye kiss?"

soonyoung pouted again, "are you telling me i can't stay over tonight?"

mingyu's brain malfunctioned for a second. was this really happening?

"s-staying over?"

the shorter male bit his bottom lip, looking down at the floor, "i mean, , , i like spending time with you, , , and the storm is kinda, , ," he trailed off. his little fear of storms made him feel a bit shy.

mingyu's felt his heart clench at the words. he hated seeing soonyoung upset! (even though his pouts were the cutest)

"i-i guess you can-"

soonyoung hugged mingyu's torso and nuzzled into his chest, "thank you thank you mingyu!"

mingyu laughed again, "i'm gonna have to give you your own key soon."

" you better!" he teased, waiting for the door to be opened.

soonyoung instantly flung himself on that same couch him and mingyu, , , spent some, , , quality time together.

he waited again until mingyu closed and locked the door, turning to see soonyoung watching him intently.

"what's the matter?" he imitated from their conversation outside.

soonyoung smiled, "just enjoying the view."

mingyu's stupid cheeks got tinted red at the words, "whatever," he made his way to the couch, ruffling sooyoung's hair with his hand, "let's go to bed."

the shorter boy eyed him again, "you seem a little too happy going to bed, , , what are you trying to do mingyu?"

he froze. was soonyoung trying to tease him? or was he just blowing it out of proportion?

"n-no not like that i-i just," he babbled on, suddenly embarrassed at the perverted thoughts.

soonyoung laughed, "i'm joking mr.rappypants."

mingyu heaved out a breath, "ah- yes joking i-"

his face grew into a sneaky smile, "unless that is what you intended to happen."

"stop teasing me! i'm tired!" mingyu desperately wanted this conversation to end before he died of embarrassment.

"okay okay! let's go then," soonyoung bowed dramatically, waving his arms in the direction of the hallway, "after you sir."

mingyu rolled his eyes, patting soonyoung's back and walking past him, the other following. when he reached the bed he threw himself onto it, rolling over to see an empty doorway. he sat up, waiting for soonyoung to show up. that's when he heard the bathroom sink running, and his anxieties melted away.

he decided to change while he had the chance, finding a t-shirt and staying in his boxers. the doorway was occupied now, and soonyoung stood there in nothing but his underwear. this time mingyu was sure he was gonna die.

"are you gonna lend me a shirt or are you gonna keep looking?"

"i like the second option," he spoke, feeling brave for once.

soonyoung's joking attitude faded into a shyness, his face and neck blushing pink, "just get me a shirt."

mingyu smiled, biting his lip, "of course," he said, pushing himself off the bed to retrieve a shirt.

he turned away as soonyoung began to put it on. he scoffed, "what are you turning around for? you already saw it."

mingyu grinned shyly, "just being courteous."

soonyoung approached him slowly at the same time he spoke, cautious to not be spotted. he pushed mingyu onto the bed and jumped in next to him.

"ow!" mingyu practically howled sarcastically, flailing his body onto soonyoung, "the pain! how could you!"

soonyoung laughed continously, flopping around just as much until they were worn out from their play-fight. he placed his head back onto mingyu's shoulder, it was just the perfect place for him to lay. mingyu laid his head on top, bringing his free hand to pet soonyoung.

"do you like my hair or something?"

"i like you."

it happened so quickly mingyu barely registered what he said. he was becoming a little too brave for his own taste. it became silent for a moment, eyes locked and lips parted.

"i know," soonyoung pinched mingyu's cheeks, leaving a peck on his nose.

mingyu didn't know if he was relieved or not. did that mean soonyoung liked him too? it was his turn to pout, sulkily letting his head drop down.

soonyoung frowned, "i thought we already established that," he tried to make the other laugh, only being rewarded with a half smile, "mingyu, , , i like you too, , ,"

mingyu placed his hands over soonyoung's, "b-but you just broke up with jihoon."

"i know," he sighed out, "that's why it's killing me that i can't help but fall for you, , ,"

{ i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! leave me suggestions for the next chapter! i would appreciate it since i have such terrible writer's block every time i finish a chapter, hence my hiatus! thanks for 3k reads! luv yall!}

attenuated | moshi/soongyuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara