Chapter 3

^^

(Anubis POV)

I sat there looking at Sadie as she finished her lunch and boy she can eat. She ate a huge hamburger, nuggets she stole from Walt and a few apple slices.

"Hey Anubis where are you originally from?" Zia asked biting on her sandwich.

"Cambridge. I lived here till i was 7 years old. Then i had to leave cause of some... family problems." I said whispering in the end and looking at Sadie.

"Oh then welcome back to Brooklyn!" Jaz said smiling widely.

Sadie's friend seems cool enough to hang out with. They accepted me as soon as she introduced me to the gang.

"Where do you live?" Carter, Sadie's brother asked.

"24th rose villa" i said biting my burger.

"Oh we are close by!" Jaz said excitedly.

"Sadie stop stealing my food!" Walt complained making me look at them.

She was gave a toothy grin as she munched another stolen nugget. Walt on the other hand was laughing at her childish behaviour.

Are they a couple?

The thought made me feel sad. I didnt notice i was staring at her until Zia nudged me.

"You like her dont you?" She whispered.

"I dont know what your talking about" i said calmly as i continued eating.

But deep inside i was screaming yes...

(Sadie POV)

I stole another nugget from Walt earning a chuckle from him.

He is so cute! I was having so much fun with him, well that is until Jaz announced she is going to see her history teacher.

Walt all of sudden volunteer to accompany her and i was once again left alone.

I can say they like each other so much but i can't just wrap my mind in losing him. He was my friend since childhood. We used to stick together always.

He was there for me when i was depressed from the sudden departure of my best friend.

He comforted me and took care of me. I couldn't take my mind of the lost bestie at first but over time with his help i recovered.

I sighed as i ate drank my coke.

"You alright?" Anubis asked concerned.

"Yea i am." I said giving him a smile.

He was really hot and looks an emo type but he is clearly not. And oddly he looked familiar.

His jet black hair and eyes bore into my blue ones.

"Am i too hot for your liking?" He asked bringing me back from trace.

"Yea. You wish hun" i said smirking.

"Come on. We have to go collect the notes and assignments from teacher" i said standing up.

He followed suit and after saying goodbye, we made our way to the staff room.

Flashback (Anubis POV)

"Sadie?" I called walking to the swing.

"Hey!" She squealed in her usual cheerful tone.

God! I'm gonna miss this.

"Are you ok? You look sad" she said as she stood from her swing and walked towards me.