7: Friday's Party Night

Human beings fascinate me. I furrow my brows and shake my head. No human boys fascinate me. I watch as Liam stretches over my feet and continues to play on his phone. 

"And what exactly do you think you're doing?" I huff. Liam glances up at me and then back to his screen.

"Laying down obviously." He replies and then grunts. I bend over my legs and watch him play Toon Blast. I raise a brow and sigh. 

"I'm going to watch Kotoura-San then." I connect my phone to the television and pull up episode 7 of Kotoura-san. It's about to start but then Liam suddenly gets up from the ground. My eyes go wide as he sits idle in front of the t.v. "Liam! Get out of the way! I can't see!" I whine. Liam glances at me and then shakes his head. 

"Did you ever think that your birth mom might be looking for you?" Liam slowly meets my gaze. Well that was out of the blue.

"W-what do you mean?" I chuckle nervously. The answer to that question is yes. Many times. I wondered if she was out there aimlessly wandering around looking for me, but then I would be reminded that she was the one who put me up for adoption. She didn't want me. She probably has a new family and some better-looking daughter. 

"I just want to know who I'm going to have to fight when I see them." Liam's eyes go dark. 

"W-what?" I question. Liam nods.

"I can't believe someone would just... let go of you like that. You're so special and cute, and beautiful, and-"

"Woah there tiger, stop it with the flirting."I put my hands up and Liam smirks. 

"Hey, it's the only way I can get through to you that I like you." Liam chuckles. My eyes go wide. 

"What did you just say?" I look at him pointedly. Liam furrows his brows and then his eyes go super wide. 

"Shit." He hisses. 

+     +     +      +      + 

Rain pours down on the back of a yellow raincoat. A forgotten box of kittens lays on the street corner. A market worker frantically tries to gather everything back into place. An apple falls to the ground and rolls down the street. It bounces until it bumps into the combat boot-clad foot. A beautiful girl with long golden hair looks down. A gracious smile forms on her lips. The whole words seem to brighten up with her presence. Her umbrella hangs lose in her hand as she bends down on her haunches. She daintily picks up the apple and turns it over this way and that. She stands up straight again and that's when people notice her belly is round with life. 

"Jenna Anne Brown, get over here!" Her smile grows as she trots over towards the marketplace. "Honey, you've got to take a break. You don't need to come into work when you have a little one on the way." The older lady that had called Jenna over smiles weakly at her round tummy. Jenna shakes her head. 

"No, that's alright grandma Mable. She needs to experience the world." Jenna runs a hand over her stomach. "How else will she meet her family?" Jenna tilts her head with a smile. 

"But you're only 18, dear." Grandma Mable complains. Jenna shakes her head. 

"Then my baby girl and I will start our lives out together." Jenna smiles down at her stomach for the millionth time. "My little May Bay." 

+     +     +     +     +

"So when are we going to talk about the part where Liam just basically confessed his love for you?" Kat yells. I shake my head frantically. 

"He didn't confess! He just meant 'like' as in 'friend like' ya know?" I exclaim. Kat throws her hands up in the air. 

"I like you as a friend and even I don't look at you like this," Kat blinks her eyes at me and then imitates Liam's smolder. "Dear William Evan Beckett has a crush on our maiden Mable Ann Carson." Kat winks and then flops down backward on the couch. "Man, don't you just love it when you know you're right and something actually happens to prove you right?" Kat smiles brightly.