11: The Snake in My Head

Liam's eyes go wide. "W-what?" He stutters. I bite my lip. 

"You heard me and unlike you, I'm a lot more understanding of other people's feelings." I retort. Liam's taken aback by this. I cross my arms over my chest and turn my nose upwards. "Come on Calum, I don't want to see Liam right now. Take me somewhere else." I huff. Calum nods silently and takes my hand. 

"M-May, wait." I stop and turn back around. Liam has his arm outstretched towards me. 

"My name is Mable." I hiss and with that, I take my leave. Calum leads me towards the pool but I shy away from that area. Number one reason is the vivid image of Brigit and Liam laughing and messing around with each other on the diving board. Number two reason is that I wouldn't look good in a bathing suit even if I tried. "Let's go to the lounge area, knowing Kat and her lazy ass she's probably been up there the whole time." I roll my eyes but stare at the diving board where two teenage girls now sit. 

"You coming?" Calum asks, obviously realizing my dilemma. I smile and nod. 

"Yeah, give me a second." Calum gives me the thumbs up. 

"Take all the time you need baby." He smiles warmly and heads off towards the stairs. I suck in a breath and ball my fists. Okay, all I need is a little time to cool down. Then I need to go gather Marcus, Kat, and Calum to get the hell out of here. I release my the breath and slowly walk down the hall. I spot a picture of Brigit and her dog Fiff, the Pomeranian. The dog didn't look too good in the picture, but Fiff looked really cute. It kind of lit up the whole hallway. I narrow my eyes. 

"You're the one who ruined this," I growl and trail a finger down the wall. I knock the picture down like it's an accident. I ignore the shatter of glass and keep walking. 

You know it's not Brigit's fault. If anything you know exactly who is to blame.

"Liam?" I whisper lightly. My insides chuckle with amusement.

No darling, you're to blame. You yelled at Liam. You choose Calum over him. You gave him mixed signals. You played with his feelings. You gave him shit. You got jealous because he was hurt. You insulted him. You're to blame for whatever happens.

I squeeze my eyes shut. A single tear rolls down my cheek and furiously wipe it away. "You don't know anything." I hiss and walk faster down the hall. I suddenly didn't want to be reminded of how much of a shitty person I was. I'm about to head up the stairs when I see Kat tumble out of a room. She's panting pretty hard as she turns to look and see if anyone's around. She lets out a long breath and notices the glass. Her brows raise but then I guess her best friend senses tingle and her eyes land on me. 

"B-bell," She whispers softly. She takes in my current state. Bloodshot eyes. Sorrowful face. Hurt expression. Tense body. My hot outfit. You know, the whole package.

"Kat." My brows raise and suddenly all I want to do is run to her. Run into her arms and let her hug me. I'm about to do so when the door Kat just came out of opens. She whips around and before whoever is in there can reveal themselves she hisses for them to go back in. 

"I don't understand, why are you-" It's a deep voice. Too low to be a female's. My interest is spiked when I realize that I find the voice very familiar. Kat's eyes go wide as she pushes the person in the door.

"You're too ugly to meet my wife!" She yells. She crosses her arms over her chest and turns back to me with a big smile on her face. "Never mind that, what did you-" I run at her. I don't care if I knock her down or if we get hurt, all I want is a damn hug. Kat's eyes bulge as I charge. "W-wait! I'm too young to die!" She yells. I skid to stop in front of her and entangle her limbs with mine.