Decade Dance

"What's taking so long?" I complained.

"They have to go through a whole process. It'll take awhile" Damon said irritated. "Do you think he killed her?" Damon's voice softened considerably.

"Katherine?" Stefan asked, Damon nodding. "Probably" Stefan shrugged.

"Well, it's not like she didn't have it coming" Damon replied as the front door opened. Elena smiled and thanked the man who put Elena's name on the contract for tge house.

He walked out, and replied with a "my pleasure." He left and Elena invited Stefan and I into the house.

"What are we, five?" Damon asked rolling his eyes.

"One of us are" Elena gave Damon a look. "Do you promise to obey the new house owner?"

"Elena" Damon ground out.

"Damon" Elena warned.

"Fine" Damon gave in narrowing his eyes. "I'll order your rules."

"Come in" Elena invited him in, stepping out of the way. Damin walked in glaring at Elena as she shut the door. Damon turned toward us as Bonnie came out of nowhere with both of their school bags.

"Where do you think you're going?" Damon asked.

"School. Just because a vampire as old as time is coming after me, doesn't mean I have to stop my whole life" Elena said grabbing her bag from Bonnie and putting it over her shoulder.

"That's exactly what that means" I basically yelled.

"You have a safe house for a reason" Damon agreed with me. "A safe house means you're safe, as long as you stay in it."

"The safest place I see is beside Bonnie" Elena argued.

"Don't worry. I can take him" Bonnie said.

"Really, well what if he does-" Damon cut himself off as he ran at Bonnie, his fangs out. Suddenly Damon flew back, landing on the ground.

"Well, I was impressed" Stefan shrugged. Elena and Bonnie walked out of the door, leaving Damon to sort himself out. "Uh, hang on. I'm coming too." I turned to face Damon as Stefan left through the front door.

"If they're going, so are you" Damon said sighing heavily. My jaw dropped, and I stared at him. "Go on. You don't want to be late." I whipped around and stormed to my bag. I picked it up, leaving Damon in the house alone.
***

I walked into Alaric's class, and sat down behind Bonnie. Elena waved a poster infront of Bonnie and I. In multiple colors it said '60's dance.' Bonnie smiled back at Elena while I shrugged. Elena smiled turning toward Stefan, giving him a cocky look. Alaric walked in just as the bell rang.

"Hello class" Alaric greeted. "Now what have we been talking about" he murmured to himself.

"With the decade dance coming up, we've been talking about the 60's all week" a girl named Dana helped him out.

"Ah right. Now, what happened in the 60's? Well, nothing really. There was the beetles. Of course they made it bareable. The the Watergate-"

"The Watergate was the 70's Ric" Elena interrupted him. Everyone turned to stare at her from the use of his nickname. "Mr. Saltzman" Elena corrected herself.

"Right. Thanks Elena" Alaric stared at her for a second or two. He turned to the chalk board, and continued blabbering nonsense.
***

Finally after History, English, and Spanish it was time for lunch. I walked up to Elena and Bonnie. Dana; the girl from History class was standing before them.