The Sacrifice

Elijah's POV:

Stefan's phone rang as we got to the witches house.

"Damon" Stefan greeted after he answered his phone.

"You're not going to like what I have to tell you" Damon trailed off. "The sacrifice is happeneing. I tried to stop it... But it got complicated."

"We're going with the original plan. We're meeting up with Bonnie and Jeremy right now" Stefan spoke.

"He has Jessica, Stefan" Damon's voice came through the phone. If my heart had a beat, it would've stopped.

"What?" I asked, my voice wavering.

"What?" Stefan mirrored my question as he turned toward me.

"He's goimg to use her as the vampire in the sacrifice" Damon's voice sounded strained.

"No" my lip quivered. I turned away from watching eyes, and disappeared into the darkness. I wasnt going to stop the ritual. If Klaus goes through with it, it will give me more motivation to kill him. As for Jessica... I will bring her back to me.

Jessica's POV:

Jules screamed in pain as Klaus talked to Greta; his witch. Greta began the ritual, and Klaus walked over to Jules. When the fire surrounding Jules lowered to nothing, she tried to tackle Klaus. Ready for the fight, Klaus countered it landing on top of her. Klaus plunged his fist into her chest, pulling out her heart. My jaw dropped at how easy it was for him to kill somebody, and I hoped i would be able to put up a bigger fight than that. Probably not... Klaus squeezed the blood from the heart into the bowl with the moonstone.

"I'm sorry" Elena swallowed hard. "This is my fault."

"But it's not" I shook my head, sitting down in the middle of the fire circle. I felt hopeless. I was going to die.

"Promise me" Elena whispered. "When you get a chance... Run. Damon needs you. He won't be able to deal with it of you die." I nodded, knowing Elena would come back to life. Klaus walked toward us with a stake, and I knew it was my time.

"Hello, Jessica" Klaus spoke.

"Please, let her go" Elena pleaded.

"Elena-" I tried to stop her but it was no use.

"No" she told me. "Klaus, I did everything you said. I didn't run. Please." I noticed Stefan the same time Klaus did, and I became worried. If Damon lost his brother too, I didn't even want to think about it.

"I'm here to talk" Stefan spoke.

"Very well then" Klaus said before he vamp sped to him. "What can I do for you Salvatore?"

"What're they saying?" Elena asked.

"Stefan wants to take my place" I stood up, looking over at Elena. Stefan and Klaus walked down to us, and I shook my head.

"Stefan" Elena said with tears in her eyes.

"Why do you always have to be the heroic one Stefan? I don't need you to save me. Damon needs you more than he needs me" I spoke. 

"It's okay" Stefan spoke.

"Who's it going to be Elena?" Klaus asked.

"No" Elena refused.

"It's okay Elena. I'm ready" I said.

"Oh, don't worry" Klaus scowled. "There's actually no choice." Klaus shoved the wooden stake into Stefan's back, breaking a peice off.

"No" Elena and I both yelled. Stefan groaned in pain as he fell to his knees.

"I have other plans for your boyfriend" he spoke to Elena. "I want him alive. But for now..." He trailed off as he twisted Stefan, breaking his spine. I gasped at how violent Klaus was. How could him and Elijah be brothers? "Whenever you're ready Greta" Klaus called behind him. I watched as the fire around me diminished, and I slowly looked up at Klaus. "Your turn" Klaus glared at me.

"No, Jessica" Elena said, her voice breaking.

"It's fine, Elena" I glared at her with tears in my eyes. I vamp sped to Greta biting into her neck. I almost ripped her throat out, but Klaus stabbed me in the back with the stake. I gasped in pain, making me let go off Greta's throat. Klaus threw me down, getting on top of me. He raised the stake above me, and I looked away. I locked eyes with Damon, who was close to tears. I shook my head, telling him to stay back. Pain erupted from my chest, and I gasped.

"No, Jessica!" Elena cried. My vision went blurry, and the last thing I saw was Elijah holding Damon back from ruining the plan they had.

Stefan's POV:

I groaned in pain as I tried sitting up. Elena sat in the ring of fire, Jessica no where in sight. I groaned again, knowing I was already to late. Klaus had already killed Jessica. The fire around Elena disappeared and Klaus held his hand out for her. Elena refused, walking to the alter herself.  I struggled to get up. I felt so useless as Klaus peirced his fangs into Elena's skin, and I let out a breath I didnt know I was holding. Elena's eyes rolled back, and she fell to the ground, dead.

"I can feel it" Klaus spoke. I paid no attention, laying my head back to the ground. "It's working."  The sound of bones breaking began, followed by chants. Bonnie was here.

Bonnie's POV:

Klaus screamed in pain as I continued chanting. Elijah came into view, as he stood above a fallen Klaus.

"In the name of Jessica and our family Niklaus" Elijah began.

"I didn't bury them at sea" Klaus blurted out.

"What?" Elijah paused.

"Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them."

"Elijah, dont listen to him" Stefan shook his head. Damon already left with Elena after he helped Stefan get the peice of wood out of his back.

"Do it, and I'll take you both out" I threatened.

"You'll die" Elijah seethed.

"I don't care" I shot back.

"I'm sorry" Elijah spoke.

"No!" Stefan and I both yelled. Before we could get to them, they had already disappeared.

"Damn it" I hissed. *****

1007 words. This one is short, but it is not the end. I have two more chapters planned, so don't get rid of this book just yet.