Wake up call

Your POV

You slowly awoke from your sleep, your body felt stiff but the soft surface underneath you made it feel a little better. At first a wave of confusion washed over you as you realised that you weren't cold but then remembered how you had nearly escaped and how Finn saved you.

Slowly, your eyes opened and stared at the roof, your mind continued to remember afterwards as well and especially his soft, charming smile. Your face turned a light red before you quickly thought of something else.
Sitting up, you could feel the slowly healing wounds. They weren't 100 percent better but defiantly didn't feel as bad as before.

I wonder how long I've been out for?

You let your feet dangle off the side of the bed before softly placing them down and standing up. You made your way over to the door and quietly opened it before continuing through the tree house. You made your way over to a ladder and sat down, ready to try and climb down it, when you heard two voices that you recognised as Finn and Jakes. You didn't move from your spot on the floor and began to listen.

"Do you think she will wake up soon?"
Finn asked with a clear sign in his voice.

I must've been out for a while then

"She'll wake up when she is ready," replied Jake. They honestly sound a little flat.

"I know I don't really know her that well, but I-I think I might like her," Finn shakily spoke as if he was shocked he had said it.

"Yeah, I like her too buddy,"

"No not like that. I mean I l-like like her, she is even better than PB and Flame Princess. She is so pretty and whenever I see her I just want to hug her and protect her," he paused and it sounded like he hit his head on the table. The words that came out after sounded a little muffled
"I couldn't stop ice King from taking her and now because of that her cuts reopened and she has been asleep ever since," his voice rose again as he sat back up.
"I just want to be her hero," he sighed again.

He wants to be my hero?
Your face flushed bright red again and butterflies in your stomach began flying around rapidly.

"You can't blame yourself for this, and once she wakes up I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities to be her hero as she recovers," Jake tried to comfort the sad teen.

You sat on the ground for a few more minutes just thinking before siding your feet onto the ladder steps and trying to climb down without hurting your injuries too much. About half way down you felt two hands grab onto your waist lightly. You flinched a little at the touch before looking down to see a smiling Finn. He helped you down and slowly let go.

"(Y/n)! Your awake! Are you okay?" Finn asked while looking you over before making eye contact again. That honestly made the butterflies go crazy.

"I'm fine now, thank you," you said while looking at him then to Jake who looked equally as excited to see you up and about. You brushed your arms and continued to speak. "Uh, how long was I asleep for?"

Finn's smile dropped a little but still remained on his face.
Before he could say anything, Jake butted in.

"Nearly a whole week! We are so happy your awake now. Finn was almost going crazy," he said with a laugh.

You stepped back from the two in shock.
"Wha- a whole week!"

Finn stepped forward towards you and placed a hand on your shoulder.
"But you're okay now, it's fine. You just had to recover from everything and it took a while,"

Before you could even reply, an energetic robots voice rang in your ear.

"Welcome back stranger!" BMO said while running up to the table and climbing on it so he could see you.

"O-oh Hey Beebs," your voice was shaken up a bit whenever you talked.
"Do-do you guys mind did I get some fresh air?"
You began to walk away from the group and let Finn's hand drop from your shoulder. The room went quiet as you walked away and eventually found your way out of the tree house.

There was a little lake with a log in it not too far away from the house, so you went over and sat down.

A whole week. I can't believe it. Who knew that much damage had happened. If I had stayed with the Ice King I could've di-

A calm voice broke you out of your thoughts.

"Hey, you doing okay?"
Finn had come outside and was standing next to you, concern written all over his face. He came and sat down next to you but didn't break eye contact.

"Yeah. Just thinking. I can't believe I was asleep for a whole week,"
There was a comfortable silence between the two of you and you continued to think. Suddenly your face went bright red and you quickly turned to Finn, who was now a little startled.

"If I was in your bed for that whole time, does that mean you, I mean, did you-"

"Ah no! (Y/n) aha I slept on the couch. I wouldn't think about sleeping in the same bed as you. I mean, of corse I thought of it, wait no! What I meant was-"

"Finn," you placed a hand in his shoulder and he stopped talking, face a bright red colour and jaw clenched.
"Don't worry about it. Sorry to keep you out of your bed for that long," you said trying not to laugh at the red, rambling boy. Even though you still felt a little shaken up, he managed to find a way to put a smile on your face.

He let out a long but happy sigh and looked down. He placed his hand on top of the one you had on his shoulder then looked back up at you. His kindness filled eyes met yours and held onto them for a few seconds. Neither of you could look away. It's as if a spell had been placed on the two of you. Neither of you moved, only stared and smiled.

You probably would've stayed there for a little longer if it hadn't had been for Jake calling you both in for food. You slowly took your hand back and stood up, Finn not far behind, and began walking back.
You could hear Finn sigh behind you.

He almost sounds disappointed

You both made it back inside and went to the kitchen, where Jake had food waiting on the table.