Imaginary friend

Finn's POV

Jakes and I began investigating the inside of the house. The victim had been taken away but the guards gave us the arrow to look at. 

"It looks kinda familiar huh?" I asked Jake. He turned to me and placed his hand on his chin, as if in thought. 

"I don't know man, looks like an ordinary arrow to me," Jake replied back with a small shrug. There was just something about it. Something that looked so familiar. I placed the arrow in my bag and continued to look around. There were no signs of a break in, and no signs of struggle either. Whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing. No mucking around. 

"Jake, I'm gonna check outside, see if they missed anything," I spoke as I walked outside and moved to the back of the house. 

No footsteps in the dirt and still no signs of someone breaking in from the back. Realising that there were no clues out here, I began walking back. That's when I saw the tree near the side of the house. It was tall and full of foliage. While walking towards it, I noticed a very faint footprint beneath it. Finally! Some sort of clue!

Not wanting to waste anymore time. I began scaling the tree, and soon reached a strong branch. There was mud up here! Probably from the attackers shoe. 

"Jake!" I yelled out, grabbing his attention. It was only a matter of seconds before he had come outside and stretched his body up to my level so we could talk.

"What'de you find?" He asked excitedly. 

"mud from someone's shoe," I spoke as I pointed at the dirty part of the branch. "The person was up here,"

Jake nodded and turned his head around to see if he could spot anything else. 

"Finn, look over there!" He exclaimed as he pointed to the window. "The person must have been sitting up here and shot the guy through the open window!" He turned back to me with a giant smile on his face. "We solved it!" He shouted while hanging his hand out for a high five. I gladly hit my brother's hand in celebration.

"Mathmatical!"  I shouted with a big grin on my face. Jumping down from the tree, we headed over to the guards and told them our discoveries. 

"Thank you guys so much for all the help, we definitely wouldn't have figured that out. Larry over here wanted to call quits," He accused while pointing his thumb over his shoulder to Larry. "Hey, if you are up for an extra challenge, we could use your help figuring out who actually did it,"

I was about to decline his offer when Jake hurriedly pulled me to the side so he could talk to me alone. 

"Come on man, let's do this this!"

Honestly, normally I would have loved to. But considering how crap I still felt, I wasn't sure. "I don't know, I don't know if i'm up for another adventure so soon,"

"Finn, listen to me. You haven't thought about her once since we started right? Plus I haven't seen you this happy in a while. Just give it a go, please? Do it for your bro"

As much as I hate to admit it, he did have a point. My mind hasn't gone to (y/n) at all. Maybe this is what I needed. 

Nodding, I agreed "Okay, let's find this murderer and give them a taste of justice!" I shouted while throwing my fist in the air.

"Aw yeah man! That's what i'm talking about! Let's go catch this sucker!"

Your POV

Your day so far was pretty relaxing. You had found another town that was not too close to the other one, and was now walking down the streets for a quick look at the village. It was lively and filled with people of all different shapes and sizes. They looked kinda funny to you. 

"(y/n)," A very familiar voice called. 

Not wanting to look crazy, you quickly walked into an ally way before answering, so you didn't look as if you were talking to air.

"Calserva? What's up?" You whispered.

"I have done it. I spent all day searching your mind and I have created the perfect body. I think you will like it. Care to see?"

Calserva created a body out of your memories? I guess you did give him permission to go through your mind. Still a little creepy though.

"Uh, sure. I'de love to," You whispered out, a little unsure about how you were meant to see him.

"Close you eyes, open them on my say," He instructed. You did so willingly. After a few seconds he spoke again. "Okay, open them,"

You followed his order and slowly opened your eyes. There in front of you stood a white haired teen. He was taller than you by at least a head. He wore a read jacket and brown pants with a belt. 

You stared up at him, not saying a single word

You stared up at him, not saying a single word. I guess you could say you were in shock. 

"So what do you think? I created this form from little pieces of memories. I hope you like it,"

"Holy....Calserva? This is your form?" You asked bewildered. 

"Yes," He simply stated calm as ever. You quickly looked down the ally to see if anyone else saw him. As if he knew what you were doing, he spoke. "Only you can see me, I am still in your mind. I have altered it a little so you are able to see me,"

"Woah," Was all you could get out.

 After another second, another question came to your mind. "So you're human?" 

"My form is, yes. According to my research, this is the species you find the most comforting,"

You nodded. "It is. However I have only ever met one," You stopped yourself there, not sure what you would have said next. 

"Ah, you must mean Finn," Calserva spoke without a blink. You looked to the ground a kicked the dust.  Scuffing your boot in the process. 

"Yeah," you spoke quietly.

"I'm sorry, I have been through that part of your mind, I watched those memories. You do not have to speak about him," 

Looking up and meeting his eyes, you nodded before straightening up. "We should get get going, it's near noon," Your voice became dull. Not wanting to talk anymore, you began walking. Calserva nodded and began walking by your side as you left the alleyway and made your way through the rest of the town. 

You occasionally gave a second take towards Calserva. He looked so real, it was hard to believe he was only in your head. You almost reached out to try and touch him, but a little girl who was playing with her friend ran straight through him. He didn't even seem to notice. It was almost like having an imaginary friend.