Follow the leader

Your POV

The sun had just risen, leaving a warm glow on the tree you had been sleeping in. 

Slowly opening your eyes and stretching your arms up, you let out a yawn. This was the most refreshed you had been in a long time. Perhaps the talk with Calserva had helped. 

Lifting your head and looking around, you slowly jumped down, softly landing on the grass as it padded your fall. You did a double check that you had everything, slung your bow over your shoulder, and began walking. You didn't really have a plan on where you were going at this stage, but figured it was time to move. 

Walking between the forest and all the tall trees had always made you feel at peace. The mixture of the birds quietly singing in the distance and the smell of the fresh forest air, it was relaxing enough that you let your guard down.

That was until a sudden voice next to you made you jump and quickly fire your bow at whoever had stood next to you. You turned completely, now seeing who it actually was. 

Calserva stood next to you, his usual grin plastered on. You swerved your head and looked behind him, seeing the arrow you shot stuck in the tree he stood in front.

Letting out a sigh and putting your bow back over your shoulder, you walked past him and yanked the arrow back out of the tree, and into your holder.

"Don't sneak up on me like that," You breathed out, trying to read his expression. 

"My apologies, but I sense there might be something you will want to check out not too far from here," 

His gaze never left your own whenever he spoke.

"What do you mean you 'can sense it'? You're in my head, wouldn't that mean I can sense it too?"

It seemed like an obvious question. If he really was just in your head, surely he can't have access to things you didn't even know about. 

"I'm enchanted. It's just a perk I suppose,"  He shrugged, assuming that was a good enough answer. 

You shook your head and continued walking, Calserva quick to be by your side.

"So what is this thing that I'm going to be interested in?"

"Why don't you have a look for yourself, it's not far,"

You thought for a second about your options. I mean, it's not like you had anything planned for today. Maybe what he was sensing was really cool. He did say you would like it. 

"Lead the way," You spoke, signalling him to take the lead. 

He gave a small smile as he began walking at a faster pace, guiding you to an unfamiliar part of the forest. 

The trees slowly began to thin out as you neared closer to wherever Calserva was taking you.

After another 10 or so minutes, you had arrived just outside some town gates. But they were closed.

"This is it?" You asked, turning to face your companion. You looked up, just now noticing how far up the gate actually went.

"No. It is beyond these gates, but they appear to be closed"

You huffed "No shit. So what now?" you questioned, waiting to see if he had anymore bright ideas.

He gazed around before pointing to a small crack in the wall. "There," He stated.

You looked to where he was pointing an thought for a second. He was suggesting that you used it to climb over the wall. 

"How cool is the thing you want me to see?" You wanted to make sure it was really worth it. 

"Very" He nodded with a straight face.

Giving the wall another once over, you shrugged, secured your bow, and took a few steps back. Giving Calserva a grin, you took a run up before jumping up to the crack in the wall and grabbing hold, placing your hands inside to get a grip. You placed your feet on the wall and used them to push yourself up it to the next gap in the wall. You continued climbing up it until finally you had reached the top. You gave a breath of relief before sitting down and dangling your legs over the side, looking down at how far you had actually climbed.

"huh, not bad," 

It had been a while since you had last scaled a wall to get into somewhere. It was back before you had met Finn, when you still were on the run. Well on the run the first time. 

You looked down, expecting to see Calserva, but he was no longer waiting on the ground.  

You swung your legs around so you were now facing the side of the actual town. It was smaller than the last place you had visited, but it looked really fancy. The ground had clean white pavements and the houses were all double story with neat hedges and perfectly trimmed trees. Far too posh for your liking.

Slowly turning, you began to climb down to were some of the perfect trees were, quietly landing on a branch and swinging down. A small thump sounded as you finally reached the ground again.

You stayed in the shadows of the trees as you continued to look around from your new perspective.

There weren't many people out on the streets, and the ones that were all seemed to keep to themselves. It was a quiet town. 

The few people out dressed really fancy as well, almost like dolls in a child's play house. Some wore petticoats under their dresses to give them more flair, with neat buttoned blouses. Others had canes and wore monocles with obviously tailored suits and ties.

This was a gated community if ever you had seen one. It left a bitter taste in your mouth. The rich were always your least favourite people. Why should have have everything when others can hardly manage?

You shook off the scowl on your face and focused back to the reason you were even in this place.

"Cal?" You whispered

"I am here," A voice spoke behind you, startling you.

"God, you have got  to stop doing that," You whispered, turning to face the usual culprit.

Seeming to ignore your statement, he began walking out of the shadows and towards a perfectly built house. It took you a second to remember that you were the only one that could see him. 

You stayed behind trees as you followed, making sure no one saw you. It was easy to spot you were not from here from your clothing, not to mention your species. 

"Here," He finally spoke, now standing just outside of someone's front garden.

"What? What's here?" You asked. You had expected him to bring you to a new adventure or a really cool looking forest, not some stuck up rich person's house.

He didn't answer, instead he slightly grinned before vanishing.

"What the-" 

You were interrupted by the door of the house flinging open. A young girl, no more than 17 stood at the door, shutting it behind her. She seemed to scan through the trees, looking for something, before her eyes landed on you.

"Well shit,"