Chapter 7

Steve's POV

It's been about a week since Soda got jumped. He got out of the hospital about three days ago and things were finally normal between us again. Today was a Saturday so I had to work a longer shift. I ended up in a rush this morning because I woke up late and when I went to pick up Soda he was complaining on how long I took me to get to their house. We got into the car and I started driving to the DX. The car ride was very silent so I decided to make conversation.

"Hey Soda, how ya doin on this fine Saturday morning?"

"I'm doin just fine Steve." I can tell that he's trying to sound positive

"What's wrong buddy?" I ask concerned

"I-it's nothing man, like I told you I'm fine." He says calmly

"Alright Soda I know you're not fine but I won't bug ya about it no more, ok?"

"M'kay....."

The rest of the car ride to work was very quiet. It took us a while to get to work too because of the bad traffic. When we finally arrived both of us got out of the car and headed inside the building. Today we both had the same job, to fill car tanks with gas. Throughout the day we had a few laughs but that was all. It reached the end of our work shift and we got in my car and headed home. I dropped Soda off at his house and drove to mine. When I walked inside nobody was home which was good because now I have the whole house to myself. I decided to walk to the kitchen to get a snack. Then I go to my room to think because I've had a lot of things in my mind. But I couldn't think for long because once I got to my room I heard the front door open and then harshly slam shut. Seconds later my name was being called loudly and I could tell that it was my dad and he was drunk as all hell.

Soda's POV

I walked into me and my brothers house after Steve dropped me off. When I got in I saw Pony and Johnny on the couch watching tv and I didn't see Darry which means he probably wasn't home yet.

"Hey y'all." I say

"Hey Soda!" Pony says happily and Johnny just waves shyly

"How was work?"

"It was alright, how was school?"

"It was good."

After Pony said that I heard the door slam open. When I turned around I saw Steve gasping for air and holding his stomach that had blooding gushing out.

"STEVE!?!?!?!!!??!!" I scream out as I run over to him

He fell to the ground harshly and now he's on his hands and knees trying to get back up.

"We need to get him to the hospital!" Johnny spats out

I swiftly pick Steve up and started running towards the hospital, Pony and Johnny weren't far behind me. I would've taken a car but there wasn't one I could take. Within a couple of minutes we finally got there and I ran inside.

"HELP PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!" I yell quickly and someone came running over immediately

"Okay sir calm down we're going to help you." Some lady says calmly

Soon a few doctors come over and brought Steve to the emergency room. We walked over to the waiting room and the people there were staring at us, but I just ignored them because I had other things to worry about.

That's the end of chapter 7!!!! I hope you liked it and I'm sorry I haven't been updating, I've been in a writers block. I promise to update more frequently. The word count for this chapter not including this authors note is 599. See ya next chapter!!