Chapter 14

Soda's POV

We were all sitting at the table when Darry started to speak.

"So here's the thing," he sighs "I've been thinking these past couple months and I've come here to say that I really want my kid brother back and I'm genuinely sorry for blowing up on you and losing my temper when you told me that you and Steve were dating. I know that I probably don't deserve your forgiveness but just know that I still love you and I hope that you will maybe, hopefully in the future come back home because Ponyboy and I really do miss you." I was silent for a moment but then I finally spoke up.

"Darry," I stop for a second because I'm not really sure what to say yet, but I eventually find the right words, "You really hurt me that night when I told you that Steve and I were together, it wasn't right for you to say those things. People shouldn't be judge for who they like. Just so you know I do forgive you Darry and I love you too, but you're gonna have to give me a couple days before I move back in with ya'll." I tell him

"That's understandable." I see him glance at my arm that's laying on the table so I quickly roll my sleeves down even though I knew he saw the scars on my arms.

"What was that I saw Sodapop?" He asked even though he already knew what it was.

"It's nothing to worry about anymore Darry." Steve tells Darry as he grabs a hold of my hand tightly.

"Well alright, I trust that you have taken care of it. Anyways I'll take my leave now, goodbye." He gets up from the table and walks out the door without another word.

"Do you think Darry is mad that I did this to myself?" I ask Steve referring to my cuts

"I wouldn't say mad, really I would say he's more concerned or upset." Steve tells me

"Oh ok." I'm relived

"You wanna finish the game?" He asks

"Yeah, sure." I smile at him

That's all we ended up doing for the rest of the day and we had a really good time.

                      • • •

It's been about a week or so since Darry came over to apologize and I decided that it was time for me to move back in with Darry and Pony. I'll be honest, I have been missing Pony a lot and I've been worried because of how bad his nightmares can get when I'm not with him but I'm sure Darry or someone else from the gang was there to comfort him, at least I hope.

I didn't bring much over to Steve's place when I left. All I really had were a couple of shirts and pants when I left so I didn't have to bring a lot back with me. We put all of my things inside Steve's car and started driving back home, well my home at least. We eventually get to the house and get out of the car.  And before we both walk in Steve stops me.

"Ya know I'm really gonna miss having you around love." He tells me

"Well it's not like I'm never gonna see you again Stevie. You can still come over and I can still stay at your house every once in awhile, plus we work together so it'll be alright." I respond back to him and I'll admit that I'm gonna miss Steve too.

"But it's different when every time I go to bed I won't be waking up to the sight of my beautiful boyfriend." He whines.

"You'll survive, I promise." I say before I kiss him and then walk inside.

When I walk in a see Ponyboy and Johnny look up from the couch. Pony quickly runs over to me and gives me a big hug, which I return.

"Hey little brother, I missed you so much." I tell Pony

""I missed you too Soda. It was so weird not having you around." He says to me

"Was everything alright? I'm sure it was but I'm just asking."I ask

"Yeah, for the most part, I had a couple nightmares but Johnny was there to help me, he kinda took your place while you were gone."

"Oh really, well I'm glad that everything was alright." I say and I look at Johnny and walk over to him, "Thanks for help out Pony while I was gone." I say as I give him a quick hug.

"O-oh it was really no problem at all I mean it was nice to sleep in a bed for once." He laughs nervously

I ruffle his hair, look towards the kitchen and see Darry stand there. I run over and give him a tight hug as tears start falling down my face. He hugs me back just as much as I hug him. We haven't hugged each other in months. I broke the hug and looked at him,

"I missed ya Darry." I tell him and he was crying a little too which was surprising cause Darry never cries, at least around us.

"I missed you too kid brother."  He says back to me and smiles.

For the remainder of the day my brothers, my boyfriend, Johnny, and I hung around the house, watched tv and just had a really good time together. I'm really glad that we can all do this again.

You've reached the end of this chapter. I hope you liked it. I don't have much to say so I'll just say sorry if there are any typos.