Chapter 13

Soda's POV

It's been 2 months since I've left home. The gang, except Darry, has come over to see me a couple times and Dally got out of jail a week ago. He already knows about what happened and he fully supports Steve and I which I'm happy about because I don't want anyone else in the gang to be mad at me or Steve. My mental health has only gotten worse, the cutting has gotten more frequent and I haven't told Steve because I don't want him to worry. I know I need to stop but it's become a habit now. I've also gotten a lot skinnier over the months and I really need to talk with Steve about it even though I'm pretty sure he's catching on to what's happening. Steve and I were sitting on the couch so I think now is a good time to talk to him.

"H-hey Steve?" I say hesitantly

"Yeah?" He turns to me

"Can I talk to you about something?"

"You can talk to me about anything baby, what's up?"

"Well uh....Steve I haven't been doing so good lately and I just thought that if I didn't tell you that you wouldn't worry and that I could handle this by myself but I guess I was wrong because I've just been getting worse and I need your help before I make a decision that's permanent." He was quiet for a moment and then he starts talking

"Wait what do you mean before you make a decision that's permanent?" I didn't say a word to him because I just realized what I said

"Oh Soda tell me you didn't." Tears start rolling down his face

"Take off your hoodie Sodapop." I back away from him

"Soda please just, let me see how bad it is." There was now way I was getting myself out of this so I decide to take it off. I start to tremble as I'm taking off my hoodie. I showed Steve my arms and they were covered with a bunch of cuts and scars. Steve ran his hand over my scars and just stared.

"I'm so sorry......." I whisper to him as I started to sob

Steve's POV

Hearing Soda say those words broke my heart. I quickly pulled him into a tight hug putting my hand on the back of his head. I let him cry into my shoulder as I whisper sweet nothings into his ear.

"It's okay love you don't need to be sorry. Everything is okay. Thank so much for telling me about this."

Soda looks up at me and his eyes are red and puffy, I cup his face with my hands and kiss him.

"And these scars," I say as I point to them, "don't be ashamed of them ok? Cause being ashamed or embarrassed won't do you any good, it'll just make ya feel even worse and that wouldn't be good."

"Ok, I'll try not to, I promise." He smiles

"Good. So how about I make you something to eat?" I ask because he really should eat something considering he hasn't been eating.

"That sounds good Stevie, thank you."

I toast some bread and put butter on it, I wasn't about to make anything fancy because I wasn't even sure if he was gonna be able to eat it. I put it on a plate and gave it to Soda. He has a worried look on his face.

"You don't have to eat all of it, just try to eat a little bit, okay?" He nods his head and picks up a piece of toast. He slowly takes a bit of it and swallows it. He ends up only eating half of it which makes me sad but it'll take some time for him to actually eat normally again.

           • • •

    Soda's POV

The next morning I woke up to the sight of my beautiful boyfriend. I move closer to him and kiss him on the forehead. He slowly opens his eyes, puts one hand under my chin and kisses me and of course I kiss back. I love the feeling that I get when I kiss Steve, even the feeling when I'm around him makes me happy. God I don't know what I would do without him.

          • • •

Later that day Steve and I were playing a board game when the doorbell rang so Steve got up from the table and went to go answer it.

    Steve's POV

I got up from the table and went to go answer the door. I was confused because we weren't expecting anyone in the gang to come over today. I open the door slowly and right there in front of me was Darry. This made me mad, why the hell was he here?!?

"What the hell do you want?!"God he makes me so angry

"I need to speak with Sodapop, now Steve!" He demands

"Hell no! You aren't gonna talk to him, do you know how much you hurt him Darry?!?! I'm not gonna let you hurt him anymore than you already have. If you think that I'm gonna let you talk to him then you're fuckin crazy!!" I yell at him, Soda hears me yelling at Darry and walks up behind me and puts one hand on my shoulder.

"It's ok Steve, I can talk to him, I'll be fine." I looked at him as if he were crazy

"What?!! No way, I'm not letting him hurt you again love! I can't see you get hurt, I just can't!" Tears start to form but I blink them away before they could fall down my face.

"He won't hurt me again, I won't let him. You can stay with me just to make sure, ok?" He tells me. I guess he really did wanna talk to Darry after all. I give him a nod and let Darry inside and we all went and sat at the table and talked about........

Welp, that's the end of this chapter! I know that I keep switching point of views a lot and I'm sorry I just wanna get what the both of them are thinking. I hope you enjoyed this and it's currently 5:26 a.m. where I'm at so I should probably go to sleep. Anyways goodnight/good morning. I love y'all, byeee!!
(Also I'm sorry if there are any typos)