Chapter 8: Nightmare

Kit's POV

Where am I? Why is it so dark? I need to get back. My kids need me, Ming needs me. I looked around and all I can see is darkness. I remembered that it happened to me before when I was pregnant with the twins. I might be in another dream. I was dreaming before that I did not deserve the happiness that Ming had given me but what can this another dream mean? I breathed deeply, trying to figure how to wake up from this dream. I need to get back to my twins, to Ming or Monel. Whoever he is now, I still love him with or without his memories. 

I stood up and started walking and looking if there will be like figures before appearing in front of me and telling me something important about life, blessings and happiness. Then I saw something far away from me. A small light approaching me. It was slow at first but as it approached it is getting faster and faster. I am not sure if I will run or will I embrace this light. "Run!" Someone shout at my ears. Then I started running away from the light. I can feel my feet running on mud as if the mud is hindering me to run fast as I could as it holds down my two feet. 

I can feel my body sinking in the mud as I try to get away from the light. I looked for something to hold on to but all I can see is darkness. "Help!" I screamed but no voice is coming out from my mouth. I can feel the coldness and the sliminess of the mud covering my entire body as I sink. I am sinking. I am sinking as I feel that the 3/4 of my body is already immersed. I tried to keep my head above the mud as I gasp for air. Inhale. Exhale. I am crying. I do not want to die in this terrible nightmare. I have to get back to my family. Ming. The love of my life. He's here now. Kim. Cop. My twins. Our kids. I can't die now.

I tried to scream as loud as I can but still no voice is coming out from my mouth. "Drown." Something or someone telling me to drown on this cold mud. "It's ok. Trust me." How can I trust something or someone who I cannot see. Then, a figure kneeling in front of me, my body from neck to toe is already on the mud. Ming. It is Ming. Looking at me straight in the eyes and telling me "Just drown my love. Trust me." I am still having doubts whether I believe this figure or not. Then, I felt him kissing my forehead like he always does when I am troubled or lose in thoughts. It is the same kiss he gives me everyday, the same warmth I feel everyday when he held me in his arms. 

I let myself drown in the mud. I am losing my breath. I felt my entire body continuously sinking at the depth of the mud. My eyes were closed the entire time when I felt the heaviness of the mud turing into cold calming water embracing my entire body. I opened my eyes and saw that I am no longer sinking in mud but I am already sinking under the sea. I swam myself up to the surface when I felt hands dragging me down to the depth of the sea. I tried to kicked them away but they are stronger than me then I saw a hand reaching out to me. I tried to reach for it. I kicked the hands again and I was able to free myself for a a second but it was enough for me to reach the hand. 

"I'm here. I am not going anywhere. Please come back to me."

*******************************

Monel's POV

We are ten minutes away to the hospital and I can feel that Kittinan is getting colder and colder every minute. Don't give up on me. Fight Kittinan! Fight. I can hear him crying in his sleep as he call out my real name "Ming". I am not Ming yet. I am Monel. I hold his hands very tightly as I try to whisper to his ears. To my surprise, I kissed him on his forehead as if it is natural for me to do so.

Monel: I'm here. I am not going anywhere. Please come back to me. 

I can see that Forth is looking at me at the rear view mirror. Trying to figure me out. I can't blame him since I Iost my memories and I know that this was never our first encounter to one another but as Monel, it was. But regardless, I can feel the familiarity that I had with Kittinan but it is more of like a brotherhood. I looked back at him.